Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nyesilyurt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 173
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Turkey refuses to repair my defective Yoga 720 under warranty

I am writing this message in order to inform the Lenovo English Community about Lenovo Turkey's unjust and unlawful policies that neglect customer satisfaction and violate Turkish Consumer Rights Law.

3 weeks ago, I bought a brand new Lenovo Yoga 720, with the financial support of my university's scientific research projects office. But, once I opened the original case of my brand new laptop, I realized that there is a tiny crack on the bottom-left end of the LCD beneath the touch screen (see the attached picture). Afterwards, I contacted Lenovo Turkey Customer Service, and sent my laptop to them for free service. After initial inspection, however, they asked me to pay 1.092,92 TRY (approximately $290) for repair service. I told them that they can not ask for money for this service, because it is a defective good and according to national conumer rights law they  (as the producer/exporter of the good) are obliged to replace the defective good or repair it for free.  In response, they unlawfully denied my demands and claimed that the crack is a result of user error. But when I asked them to prove their claim, they couldn't. Because, as you my guess, there is no trace of damage or usage on the laptop that may have caused such crack!

Although I sent my complaints to Lenovo Turkey by both e-mail and post, they did not reply. Now, I will use my legal rights before Turkish authorities to claim a replace or free repair service. But at this stage, I also want to let Lenovo Headquarters in Hong Kong know about this unjust and unlawful practice of Lenovo Turkey which is tarnishing the reputation of the Lenovo brand in Turkey, and ask them to intervene. Do you think lenovosc_hk@lenovo.com is the correct e-mail address to write such a complaint?

Best regards,

Nuri Yesilyurt, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Ankara University Faculty of Political Science

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors