cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 9,950
Message 1 of 21

Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.28 has a driver problem?

Yoga 710-14IKB

When I go into devices and printers I noticed that my Yoga has an exclamation sign and says 'troubleshooting needed'. After going through the troubleshooting steps it said that the 'Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.28 has a driver problem'. There's no other information given on this 'update' so I declined it for now. I'd like to read up on what gets fixed before messing up a prefectly good laptop.

Any ideas as to what this update fixes?

Update Firmware Pic.png

z0nd0r
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,887
Message 2 of 21

Re: Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.28 has a driver problem?

Today I recognized the same at my Yoga 710-14IKB as well.

I also would like to know how to solve this.

Furthermore, I connected my TV with my yoga via a "micro-HDMI to HDMI" adapter today. And the sound was extremely low. Even if I maxed the volume of my notebook and my TV I could barely hear anything via the TV speakers.

I'm wondering if these two issues are somehow related.

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 9,858
Message 3 of 21

Do NOT install this update!!!
Apparently, it messes up the sound card. See here - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-Constant-Fan-Noise-even-when-idle...
Andii
Paper Tape
Views: 9,773
Message 4 of 21

Yoga 710-14IKB Laptop Hi, after an Lenovo Firmware Update 1.28 over WinUpdate there is a failure in the Systemmanager. (Das Gerät kann nicht gestartet werden. (Code 10)) Is ther a solution for this failure? Andi
alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 9,705
Message 5 of 21

Andii
Paper Tape
Views: 9,516
Message 6 of 21

The new Bios 2.03 solved the Problem.

Thanks

Andi

bzsolt
What's DOS?
Views: 9,393
Message 7 of 21

Hi All!

I have the same problem on a Lenovo 510-14IKB. BIOS version installed is the latest available (v2.02).

My computer keep strying to install firmware driver 2.23 from Windows Update, but keeps getting stuck on a "Please wait while we install updates" screen upon restart.

Screenshots attached.

Any guesses, on how this could be resolved?

Thanks!

Zsolt

korey812
Punch Card
Views: 9,354
Message 8 of 21

So I go and plug in my awesome Sabrent USB 7-port hub like I normally do, and... i get an error message. Sometimes this happens, but this time... this time was different... I hear the sound activate, I get a Windows Explorer error message, then the disconnect sound goes off... twice. Then again, the connect sound goes off, error message, disconnect bell goes off twice. I go to my device manager, nothing seems to be off but now I see that there is an exclamation point next to 'Lenovo UEFI System Firmware 1.28'. I check for updates, nothing. I come here, type that in, come to a few pages, still blatantly supported BY Lenovo, I get recommended to download a system scanner for updates, I do so and there are few updates available, one is a finger-print scanner, one is a touch pad update, BUT there is one with a BIOS update. I saw earlier in this post that that had fixed the issue, great, I go on and download a few updates. Restart my computer. Plug in my USB hub, now I get NO error message, not even a tone. OH and better yet MY SOUND DOESN'T WORK. OH, and now my wifi turns off RANDOMLY so I have to restart my laptop just to get it to connect to wifi??? WHY NOW? Why am I getting all these problems now? I spend a grand on a laptop and now it's simply just giving me random USB problems. NEED HELP this is ridiculous.....

korey812
Punch Card
Views: 9,348
Message 9 of 21

EDIT: Got sound to work by scanning for some hardware changes and updating some intel software. USB hub still NOT working or even being RECOGNIZED at this point!!!
Anybody else's Yoga 710-15IKB's fan blow like **bleep**ing crazy even when just sitting at the desktop??? Like jesus christ how much of a piece of **bleep** can this thing be. I've only had this thing for like 5 months and my 2013 To**bleep**a **bleep**allite doesn't blow this loud/hard at idle and has never had one USB problem...
alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 9,331
Message 10 of 21

Make sure you are on the latest BIOS (v2.03). After that my fan quieted down considerably. It still spins up when performing intensive tasks but it never gets to the volume level that it got to on the original BIOS. I never had an issue with the sound card so I can't help you there. As far as the USB hub goes, are you plugging in the power adapter for it before connecting it to the Yoga?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors