Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyechart
Serial Port
Views: 263
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Vantage Settings are not being Saved

I'm trying to revive this thread... I have a Yoga 910 and it looks like after recent updates (a combination of MS and Lenovo) My PC will revert the fn back to hot-key mode, no longer sleep while not plugged in and left idle, and ignores other settings like what to do when power get below a certain point or keeping table mode shut off (each time I open lid screen will have auto-rotated).

I now have Vantage version 4.13.153.0.

What's going on? The Vantage settings save for a day or so and then revert back - IOW, every day or so I need to open Vantage and reset these to what I want them to be (hella annoying), not to mention will just shut down when battery gets to a certain level.

ShortShiftingT
Paper Tape
Views: 53
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Vantage Settings are not being Saved

I've had the same problem with my X1 yoga 3rd and think that I might have solved it after looking through the registry. Disclaimer: Try this at your own risk. I don't know, whether some additional settings have to be changed for correct function, since there is no documentation, so I'd advise to backup the affected registry keys and/or create a recovery point for windows. Nontheless I want to post this to potentially give frustrated people and people more competent than me an idea where to look.

The potential solution is pretty simple though: In \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Lenovo\PWRMGRV\Data there are 4 DWORDs "ChargeStartControl", "ChargeStartPercentage", "ChargeStopControl" and "ChargeStopPercentage" which would stay 0 with everything I tried to change in Vantage. I changed the Control Words to 1 and the Percentages according to the desired limits (HINT: Normally they are based in hex; change them to dec to enter percentages) and now charge stops at the Stop Value and starts under the Start value. Furthermore, Vantage shows these limits and seems to save the setting.

Good Luck!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors