Options

13 Posts

12-30-2019

GB

19 Signins

293 Page Views

• Views: 293
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Wake Problem; Crashing While in Modern Standby; Hot When in Modern Standby

2020-01-20, 19:35 PM

All the headline items are related. When the computer is in Modern Standby, it is crashing (twice in the past 24 hours). I only had access to the laptop the third time it was in Modern Standby, presumably before it would have crashed and restarted, and it was extremely hot -- fans whirring. This makes me wonder what is happening when the laptop is in Modern Standby...

I've included some images from the sleep study below; and here's a link to the Dropbox folder with the two crash minidumps.

Can someone help me identify what's happening?

Thanks

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

115 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Wake Problem; Crashing While in Modern Standby; Hot When in Modern Standby

2020-01-21, 14:55 PM

Hi ,

Regarding the issue, Download all necessary updates first using the Lenovo Vantage App and this includes all driver, Windows 10  update til Version 1909 and BIOS. Try these first and test.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

13 Posts

12-30-2019

GB

19 Signins

293 Page Views

• Views: 293
  • Message 3 of 6

Re: Lenovo Wake Problem; Crashing While in Modern Standby; Hot When in Modern Standby

2020-01-21, 15:23 PM

Jeremy,

I've done this, and in fact the Lenovo Vantage app does not work -- it does not identify that a new BIOS was released for this laptop. I had to go to the Lenovo website and manually identify the BIOS update that was issued for my computer, on 19/Jan/2020.

I've already updated all other drivers according to the Lenovo site (by manually checking...)

Also, Lenovo phone tech support has now advised me to go direct to the graphics card manufacturer's source for a driver, and check if there are any updates there...

I downloaded the Windows 10 1909 version when I did the repair OS install.

Can Lenovo not do a check on the minidump files created when the computer crashes???

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

115 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-01-21, 19:18 PM

Hi ,

I consulted with support on the issue and they recommend that the unit be serviced so it can be checked by the technicians and if necessary escalated to engineers so the extreme temperatures and whirring noise be addressed. Please contact your local Lenovo Support.

Regards,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

08-05-2020

AF

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 5 of 6

Re:Lenovo Wake Problem; Crashing While in Modern Standby; Hot When in Modern Standby

2020-08-05, 18:24 PM

Do you solved this problem?

Options

41 Posts

05-08-2020

US

51 Signins

395 Page Views

• Views: 395
  • Message 6 of 6

Re:Lenovo Wake Problem; Crashing While in Modern Standby; Hot When in Modern Standby

2020-08-08, 0:27 AM

Modern standby is straight garbage. People have been complaining their laptops stay "connected" or on and overheat.

Microsoft/Lenovo should give users the option to decide whether they want to use Modern Standby or S3 and not shove MS down everyone's throat.

F-them!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete