Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rune4440
What's DOS?
Views: 107
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y910 shuts down

when the battery is empty the pc shuts down (no warning) is it possible to set up a warning ? like at 5% or something

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 103
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y910 shuts down

Start > Settings (gear icon) > System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Expand "Battery" near the bottom of the list.  You'll see settings for Low Power Notification and Critical Power Notification. Turn those on. If they're already on, cycle them to off, reboot, then set them back to on and reboot, again. 

Also check the "Low battery level" setting in that same box to make sure the percentage is 10% or wherever you'd like it to be. 

You can also change Critical Battery Action to hibernate, which will at least write the current state to disk before shutting down, allowing you to restart where you left off once you reconnect the computer to power. 

There are cases where none of that will work, requiring a dive into the registry to find and fix what's messed up. Easier to just reset the machine to out-of-the-box condition using OKR or enable Lenovo's battery gauge.

Some other ideas are in this article

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
rune4440
What's DOS?
Views: 74
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y910 shuts down

This is awesome thanks...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors