Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hml18a
What's DOS?
Views: 929
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo YOGA 500 WiFi Issue

I just bought a new Lenovo YOGA 500 Intel® HD Core™ i5 Processor, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb Storage, 15.6 inch Full HD Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop.

I'm yet to take it out of the packaging (thank heavens) before I noticed on the website I bought it from under Features of the Laptop it states: 

• Wifi Enabled: N

Does this mean there's no WiFi capabilities on the laptop?

Secondly, after perusing this forum, I've discovered the laptop seems to have a WiFi issue, the question thus is would any of you with the same laptop advise I keep it?

Thanks

diasvarghese198
What's DOS?
Views: 693
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA 500 WiFi Issue

I have the same issue with wifi connectivity! I have tried this:

Device Manager -> Network adapters -> Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260 -> Properties -> Power Management -> Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

Hope it solves my problem and yours as well!

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 688
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA 500 WiFi Issue

Hi there,

I've got a Yoga 500 and it's definitely got a Intel dual-band Wireless-AC chip inside. The website you bought it from either made a serious typo or they're taking "N" to indicate the TYPE of wireless. WiFi comes in "types" (or rather different Wifi standards) which denote the throughput (aka speed) of the wireless chip. There exist 802.11a,b,g,n and ac, where a is the slowest and AC the fastest. They may have written "N" to indicate Wireless "N" which is a fast fairly new standard.

I've had no WiFi issues with my device at all since buying it in February, so I'd advise you to go ahead and give it a try. If you do experience issues, the poster above has good advice for you to potentially fix the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors