Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvaB
Paper Tape
Views: 740
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo YOGA 510-14AST very loud fan noise and high CPU usage

My Lenovo YOGA 510-14AST (purchased a few weeks ago in August 2018, runs on Win 10) gives out very loud fan noise for 5-10 secs once initiating the smallest task (e.g. opening a pdf. or a new tab in Chrome). This problem happens more often when the laptop is charged. Probably caused by high CPU usage, which during standard browsing, sometimes rockets up to 85%. Strangely, when in task manager I add up the running programmes, it does not give me the indicated 85%, but usually around 40%. 

I tried various "small fixes" from the forum/internet, like lowering max processor state, getting rid of background apps. and installing all the (I think) Win 10 updates. None of it seems to help.

Also, the battery lasts ( standard usage - browsing and win office) shorter than advertised. 

So, I am wondering if these are common problems of this seria or a hardware/ other problems, and if there are any solutions on how to solve the fan noise. 

I am not so much of a tech-savvy, and had a budged for a cheap laptop only, so would be grateful for any help or advice.

M-CH
What's DOS?
Views: 659
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo YOGA 510-14AST very loud fan noise and high CPU usage

I have the same issue and would like to know what I can do.

willow88
What's DOS?
Views: 422
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo YOGA 510-14AST very loud fan noise and high CPU usage - maddening

I have the same problem as other posters on this topic. I've stopped every background service task manager would let me stop, disabled as many others, hardly do more than internet (chrome) WPS docs and pdfs but the fan runs all the time and is driving me nuts! WE NEED A FIX FOR THIS NOW LENOVO!!! I'm thinking of giving this laptop away and getting something else as soon as I can afford it and I only bought it last August. Really frustrating and disappointing to have spent almost £300 on such an infuriating product. At this rate I will never buy a nother Lenovo.

ilovelenovo954
Fanfold Paper
Views: 418
Message 4 of 5

Try replacing the fan, apparently they go out, 5F10L45845 is the lenovo part number! Smiley Happy 

willow88
What's DOS?
Views: 401
Message 5 of 5

This laptop is only 6 months old.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors