Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesMacdonald2
Paper Tape
Views: 7,718
Message 1 of 35

Lenovo YOGA 520 Screen Flickering

Hi there,

First time poster, so apologies if I'm not 100% sticking to protocol here!

The issue I'm having is one that has been posted about time and again on Lenovo Forums - the screen flickering/blackness of the Yoga 520 (I'm not sure if it's affecting other Yoga systems, too, but certainly the 520).

I've had my laptop a couple of months, and from around 2 weeks I have been afflicted with this horrible issue. Essentially, the screen randomly starts flickering like crazy and going black sometimes. This makes the laptop completely unusable until such a time as the machine starts behaving itself again (this can take a longggg time). I have taken a video in case people don't understand the situation, and this doesn't even show the worst of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/swa41r7u6g4ndot/20180214_173640%20%281%29.mp4?dl=0

When it starts flickering and going black, the system is almost entirely unusable. Sometimes I'm able to get use by scrolling down from the top of a webpage or zooming in. These methods occasionally sedate the screen flickering, but not always.

I have tried pretty much every 'solution' that I have seen offered about this issue and have had no luck whatsoever. These include disabling and enabling the touchscreen and graphics drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling these drivers, resetting the whole system, cleaning all caches, doing a static discharge, searching for driver updates, adjusting the brightness, etc, etc. The list goes on and on...

Hopefully Lenovo can understand how frustrating this when all I want to be doing is getting on with work.

From what I have seen posted, some people are suggesting that there is a hardware issue with these devices, and that the only fix is to send it away and hope that Lenovo send you back a system that is not broken.

Am I right in thinking this? Is there an actual fix that I don't yet know about.

Thanks very much for any help,

James

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 7,570
Message 2 of 35

Re: Lenovo YOGA 520 Screen Flickering

May not sound  a good suggestion but have you tried to restore the system ?

If the issue persists, I can say that it's an hardware issue and probably you will need to call Lenovo support

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
JamesMacdonald2
Paper Tape
Views: 7,565
Message 3 of 35

Thanks for the suggestion. I've not tried that yet actually.

How would I go about restoring the system? And would it wipe all my files (i.e. would I have to do a backup and reupload everything)? If it would wipe the files then that's not an issue, just want to check before I do it.

James

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 7,522
Message 4 of 35

Restoring the system will wipe-out the current files/configuration. You should perform a backup on another harddrive before

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
JamesMacdonald2
Paper Tape
Views: 7,512
Message 5 of 35

Thank you. How would I go about actioning a system restore?

James

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 7,499
Message 6 of 35

rifabdur
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,476
Message 7 of 35

i have same issue like that, about 3 months ago. and i've several times re-install windows (i think this issue is appear becouse i installing skinpack) but sometimes the screen still flickering. the one and only solution is bring to lenovo service center. but for the second time, this issue is appear again. (sorry for bad english).

Wei-Min
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,269
Message 8 of 35

I have the same flickering issue, even more severe flickering.
I am still trying to find the logic of when and how it happens. Maybe it is the level of brightness, like the brighter the screen, the more likely it will flicker.
 Each time it happens, I have to turn off the screen and turn it on. By doing so, occasionally it will go back to normal.
Anyway, If I have good news, I will update. 

vkn007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,247
Message 9 of 35

Facing the same screen flickering issue. Bought the laptop 3-4 weeks back.

Meet6061
What's DOS?
Views: 7,057
Message 10 of 35

Have you found anything?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors