cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankro
Paper Tape
Views: 1,242
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo YOGA 700-15ISK - doesn't start (screen stays black)

Bought a Lenovo YOGA 700-15ISK two weeks ago.

Setup went well. Then managed to install e.g. Steam as well yesterday and left the laptop on (connected to the power cord).

When I this morning tried to revive it from (what I though to be) SLEEP mode, nothing happens: screen is black. I then press POWER button a long time, turning the computer off. After pressing the POWER button again, the POWER button lights up and the keyboard blinks red (as it should, I guess), but then nothing more: screen remains black. And no sound from fans, etc.

Trying by pressing the NOVA button (that little hole on the left side of the laptop, using a pin) yields the same result.

Both the power connection and power diods at the front are lit, and when shutting down laptop by pressing POWER button for a long time, the power connection diod is still lit (although it was unlit before).

What is happening here, and what could be the problem?

Ankro
Paper Tape
Views: 1,228
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA 700-15ISK - doesn't start (screen stays black)

EDIT: Also tried to connect to external screen through HDMI, black there as well (got another laptop working so the HDMI connection cable is all fine). Just seems dead, or at least doesn't really start after the first initialization.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,178
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA 700-15ISK - doesn't start (screen stays black)

Hi Ankro,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your 2 week old computer. I think what's happening here is that the unit is not able to wake up from sleep, and is no longer POSTing. Since you have already tried connecting the unit with an external monitor, and it's getting no video there as well.

What I can recommend is that, just have it turned on, without it being plugged in with the use of the charger. Wait for till the battery is fully drained then plug it back in then turn it back on, there is a possibility you may be able to use it again.

If that won't work, I do recommend for you to contact Sweden Support : 0775 757411

Hope this helps

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors