Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovoUser12786
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo YOGA 730-13IKB wifi performance issue - solved

I had a nightmare with the wifi performance and I hope that this post will help other ppl avoiding the same fate. the wifi had significant delays while pinging the router and all the downloads were so slow and unreliable. the issue started after installing Lenovo vantage and activating the battery conservation mode. this can be resolved by either disabling "battery conservation" or change windows power plan, wireless adapter setting, to  "maximum performance" while using the AC or the Battery.

unfortunately, I spent few hours to figure out this issue which is caused by a simple setting mistake by the vendor.

Guru
Views: 292
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA 730-13IKB wifi performance issue - solved

I think you'll find the battery conservation mode really has little to no effect on WiFi performance. At least I haven't noticed any on either one of my Yogas.

We've posted in many locations the "maximum performance" power setting. Trouble is, Windows Updates have removed those settings for some users. Later updates have restored the settings, but not for everyone. Sometimes, a registry edit is needed to get them back.

Also, setting Roaming Aggressiveness to 3 or lower seems to help the Qualcomm radios. 

If anyone does all of that and still has issues, updating router firmware or just moving to a newer router can help as can forcing everything to use the less-congested 5Ghz band. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
lenovoUser12786
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA 730-13IKB wifi performance issue - solved

you are correct, I was watching the ping and changing the power setting and everything worked fine but after few hours it happened again.  Smiley Mad I did a few more tests and unchecked "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the device manager, this time it looks good also, hopefully permanently.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors