cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
junetran071
Paper Tape
Views: 385
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo YOGA 900 - Display driver stop working for more than 15 minutes, have to restart twice.

I bought this Lenovo Yoga 900 Orange on Arpil 8 2016. Today is June 8 2016, and I have to make this post already. 

I was in the meeting yesterday and taking note on MS words. And that was the only program that I opened at that time. Suddenly, the screen turn pitch black on me. I thought that it was the display driver again. Yet this time it stopped for at least 15 minutes, and I had to switch to pen and paper to take note of the meeting. During that time, I try to restart the computer by hitting the power button. Until the third time, the screen was coming back to me. This is very awful. 

I bought this machine and heard the rumor that its display driver is not good. But I DO NOT expect it to be that bad. Before the major incident above, the driver did stop 3 times in the past, but it restarted within second. I did a little research and knew that other users had to deal with that too. So I thought that once in a while the screen will die for several seconds, and it was ok with me. 

Yesterday, during my meeting, stop more than 15 minutes. Unbelievable!!!. 

I want to return the product. Please guide me through this process. If I have to pay the 15% fee, I will do it. 

Do you guys have any suggestion of what I should do? I am pretty sure that the driver won't get better. 

Cruzin90
Punch Card
Views: 337
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo YOGA 900 - Display driver stop working for more than 15 minutes, have to restart twice.

Curious, do you have Intel 520 or Intel 540 graphics?  I have the 540 and have not experienced any problems, but I've only had the laptop for about three weeks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 329
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo YOGA 900 - Display driver stop working for more than 15 minutes, have to restart twice.

Hi junetran071,

My Yoga 900 has not had any problems, and has a lot of mileage on it since I set it up in October. I've kept it updated, though. Have you checked to make sure you are using the most updated drivers? It appears that there was a graphics driver released Thursday, May 12, 2016. Also check your power/sleep settings. Perhaps it would be helpful to contact tech support as long as you are under warranty. They will be able to walk you through those settings.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

junetran071
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 4 of 7

Do you know which number should I reach them? Would you mind emailing with me? Here is my email: **************@gmail.com

Moderator note: personal information removed for member's protection.

junetran071
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 5 of 7

I try to call them, a machine always answers me.
junetran071
Paper Tape
Views: 273
Message 6 of 7

I'm not sure. I'm really worry about the life time of this Yoga 900. I spend all of my grad + scholarship money on this machine. I will die if anything happen to it. I actually don't know much about computer
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 272
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Is the number below the one you are calling?  I had occasion to call a few days ago and someone picked up right away.

Z.

United States
IDEA-branded and B, C, E, G, H, K, N, Q, V, Y Series Products
English
1-877-4-Lenovo, 1-877-453-6686
Schedule a Callback for faster support
24 hours a day 7 days/week

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors