cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aborgess
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo YOGA 920 (92013IKB) - White Box in Outlook 2019 / Excel 2019 after computer goes to sleep

I have some white / blank box that appears in Outlook 2019 / Excel 2019 after my computer goes to sleep. The only way to get it to go away is restarting Outlook / Excel. Any ideas how to fix this?

It wasn't happening with my old Yoga 3 Pro... but since I got my new Yoga 920 it's happenning....and it's REALLY ANNOYING!

aborgess
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo YOGA 920 (92013IKB) - White Box in Outlook 2019 / Excel 2019 after computer goes to sleep

MORE DETAILS from another user reporting the same problem...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-cannot-change-screen-brightnes...

Windows 10 1809: floating white shapes on screen

After updating to Windows 10 version 1809, I have experienced several strange issues with my display. I am using a Lenova Yoga 920 laptop. These problems go away after rebooting the computer, but then re-emerge after using the computer for a while, and persist until I reboot again. It is getting very irritating, and interfering with my work. 

- A mysterious floating white circle appeared on my desktop background. I cannot click on or interact with it, and changing the desktop background does not remove the circle. Then, a second circle appeared. Now, there is also a floating white rectangle. The rectangle poses the biggest issue, because it remains on TOP of whatever other windows I have open, constantly obstructing part of my screen unless I reboot the computer. The circles remain on the desktop background. I have attached a picture of these weird white artifacts on my display.

Things I have already tried:

- Installing all available Windows patches and updates

- Updating graphics driver

- Checking/unchecking auto-brightness settings

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 103
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo YOGA 920 (92013IKB) - White Box in Outlook 2019 / Excel 2019 after computer goes to sleep

Windows 10 v 1809 is blocked from the 920, among others, because of problems it introduces. It shouldn't have upgraded unless you did it, manually. Two things to try: Rolling back to 1803 and/or rolling back the graphics driver.  Those look like empty click targets and dialog boxes from Windows' Hello screen... the ones used to give you trivia about the picture being displayed. 

If rolling back to 1803 doesn't work, I'd suggest going back to a system restore point to where everything worked, or using OKR to start over from scratch. But don't let it take 1809, this time.

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
aborgess
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply!

Unfortunately I can't roll back to 1803 anymore... I'm trying to avoid using OKR, hoping for a solution, but it seems to be the only solution so far. 🙁

I already tried to repair Office 2019... nothing works.

I don't have any idea what element the box is... sometimes is one box, sometimes are several boxes.

All of theses boxes are related to Outlook or Excel. As soon as I close Outlook/Excel windows the boxes go away.

I cannot click on or interact with it, and changing the desktop background does not remove it. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors