Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gbutler
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo YOGA C930-13IKB Glass Dock Issues

Hello,

We have 3 docks (Dell D6000, Thinkpad USB C dock, and a pluggable usb c dock) at our office and just recently purchased this laptop to connect with one of the three docks and use 3 external displays. For some reason, when connecting monitors to all 3 ports on all three docks, we are unable to get all 3 displays and the laptop. We can only get 2 displays and the laptop as a third. That being said, on the pluggable dock, we were able to get all 3 externals and the laptop as a fourth about 1 in every 15 or so connects. Otherwise we get 2 displays and the laptop. If we disconnect one of the displays, we can get one that was off to turn on, but we are again stuck with 2 displays and the laptop. The Think pad docks gets all of the displays, but at horrible low resolutions (it has 2 DPs and a VGA). Their is no consistency at all and I'm trying to avoid returning the laptops.

We have checked that the latest drivers are installed and installed the displayport drivers from their website. Another weird thing is that sometimes the docks are charging the laptop and other times it shows "plugged in, not charging" on all 3 docks. We have a dell that is not as nice body wise, but connects to all 3 docks and gets 3 external and the laptop, but these yogas are nicer.

Is what I'm trying to do possible with this laptop?

Ofsinreno
Paper Tape
Views: 711
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA C930-13IKB Glass Dock Issues

I would checkout this forum if you don't receive any answers.  There has been a good discussion about docks/hubs.  I am hoping people are still monitoring it as I have posted a question there as well.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/C930-USB-C-hub-issues/m-p/4322623#M71573

gbutler
Paper Tape
Views: 655
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA C930-13IKB Glass Dock Issues

Figured it out. We needed a dock that had a greater power output. All of the docks had an output of 60W. We eventually purchased a Pluggable 100W DC Out usb C dock that works perfectly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors