Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InspectHerChips
Paper Tape
Views: 256
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo YOGA C930 Replace 250G SSD?

I compared using both ATTO and AS disk benchmarks the performance of the drive in the 930 with the same size 250G SSD in a desktop with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

The results everywhere better sometimes 10x the speed on writes. 

I know in practice if I just use this for routine stuff and no special video editing possibly the existing SSD is more than sufficient. I know also I can clone and replace it in no time probably with a 500G one.

Any thoughts? Opinions? Anyone who has done it and noticed a noticeable increase in speed?

Thanks,

Grant

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 220
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA C930 Replace 250G SSD?

Unless you are going to notice a few milliseconds, I would go with the Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD for $70 bucks over the SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500GB for $127,

The Samsung EVO is a great SSD, but while not as fast, the Crucial will probably suit your needs for nearly half the price, and still pretty fast..    

Cheers, 

InspectHerChips
Paper Tape
Views: 213
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo YOGA C930 Replace 250G SSD?

Hi:

I appreciate your reply so thanks for that.

I'm kind of married to Samsung...a bit through my I.T. business. I always supply Samsung SSD or M.2 SSD where I can. I was frankly stunned how fast the Samsung EVO 970 Plus is even in the 250G smallest one. It also has the Samsung Magician software for testing and doing firmware updates. The money isn't a major issue.

I am interested though if having presumably compared the performance of the two if you have made the switch in your C930 and if so whether you noticed a difference.

Regards,

Grant

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors