Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkiran3
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 11 bootup issues after power jack replacement

Hi,

This is my first post, Please let me know if this is correct forum.

My Lenovo 11 Yoga recently had an issue with its power jack where the inner rectangular part came loose. I ordered a replacement power jack connector E54926 and was able to remove laptop cover and attach the replacement.

Now, when powered - I can see a very faint "LENOVO" logo and nothing afterwards.
So, I am unsure where the problem could reside.  I tried increasing the brightness which didn't help.

Could you please suggest how to troubleshoot further.

Let me know and I can fill additional details.

Thanks in advance

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 115
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 11 bootup issues after power jack replacement

My first guess would be that the power jack cable itself is not connected well at one end or the other or is damaged, and that your computer is simply not getting sufficient power.    

I know you probably do not want to open it back up, but a loose/bad connection would be what I would look for.    If you have a digital multimeter, you might check the continuity/ohms on the cable if you can get to both ends too.

Good Luck,

rkiran3
Paper Tape
Views: 90
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 11 bootup issues after power jack replacement

Thanks for you answer,

I had suspected the same, but wasn't sure if this is related to the new part that was added. I am thinking of returning that part and ordering a new one.

btw, are there any Lenovo parts vendors on eBay that other posters have used getting successful components.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors