Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahsmile
Paper Tape
Views: 1,684
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga 13 Coating on Clementine peeling

I have a Yoga 13 in the Clementine color that is only 3 weeks old without heavy use. I am noticing that there is a coating that is not something that you peel off from the edge like a protective barrier, but it is coming off at 3 different places, Has anyone else seen this problem or is this some sort of covering that is supposed to be removed? I have found no references to it anywhere...

ammarr
Punch Card
Views: 1,657
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 Coating on Clementine peeling

Is there clementine underneath or dark grey? The grey version also had some peeling issues, with dark grey showing underneath. This sounds like a similar issue.
Merlin803
Punch Card
Views: 1,651
Message 3 of 8

I have read about this issue on the silver but not on the Clementine.

This is unfortunate if true, I picked up the silver one from Best Buy yesterday and because of concerns about the paint will be returning it tomorrow. I was considering ordering the Clementine version from Lenovo but now I'll just wait to see how these are holding up for others.

If I am going to drop $1,000 + on a laptop, it is going to need to hold up.

kanodogg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,641
Message 4 of 8

can you post some pics of it please?  i'm curious as to what kind of peeling you are talking about

sarahsmile
Paper Tape
Views: 1,624
Message 5 of 8

Its hard for it to show up. I will try again tomorrow in strong sunlight.

sarahsmile
Paper Tape
Views: 1,623
Message 6 of 8

It is still orange, the orange isn't peeling. It appears to be the rubberized like coating, not the actual painted surface.

rzp2003
HDMI
Views: 1,565
Message 7 of 8

coachrichard
What's DOS?
Views: 978
Message 8 of 8

I purchased the sliver Yoga 13 Model number 20175 in mid April 2013 and by the second month the Matt finish was peeling off on both sides of the top. The folks at warranty service said it is not a warranty item. They said, I could ship my device to them for 7-10 days and likely pay a fee to have it repaired.

I say, HOGWASH!

I place my Idea pad in a soft case and transport it to and from work daily. This cover should not peel so quickly with reasonable use. It is a defect in manufacturing. I will take this social in the way of reviews.

I get asked about this as I visit clients all across the country and I am going to continue to be honest and forthright that I would not but this again.

Taking it social and writing honest reviews that illustrate poor produces is the only way a company will finally correct an issue and concede to a recall. The problem is they need to have enough complaints to recall. It is all about business.

I will also mention that my power cord separated where the power adapter meets the cord going into the charge port on the tablet. Again, I transport in a case with care to wrap it nicely. That one they are sending a warranty replacement for; however, as soon as the warranty runs out, even if it is a real defect (the cord should not face perpendicular it should exit horizontally to prevent wear) I will be asked to pay, I am certain they will not replace unless it goes to recall.

If anyone has experience with consumer protection, I would appreciate any advise on moving this forward.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors