Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amerkhan
What's DOS?
Views: 2,351
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 13 Screen is not working

Hi Guys!
Please go through my complete message as it is very 'painful' experience you can ever come across when buying a laptop.

The Lenovo Yoga is not available in Australia. So, I bought the Lenovo Yoga 13" orange i5 128GB from 'adorama.com' for US $999 + UPS shipping $105. Unfortunately the shippment attracted a custom of 185 AUD which I had to pay later. In total, I have already spent 1400 AUD.
The UPS courier service delivered the shipment to my address an hour back i.e. today on 5th July,2013. I was very happy to receive the product but when I switched on the laptop, the screen is not working properly and is displaying a number of vertical colored lines

To confirm that it is the screen problem, I connected the laptop to my TV with a HDMI cable upon which I could see the windows display on the TV. This clearly establishes the fact that the laptop's screen is faulty.

Next, when I checked the warranty number online it shows that warranty starts from three months earlier than my purchase date which clearly shows that someone registered the laptop before.

Also, the charger I received with the laptop looks to be a used one with scratches and marks on it.

I am afraid, the product I got from Adorama is damaged and maybe a refurbished one as the charger clearly looks to be used before. I am deeply disappointed with this incident as I was very excited to use that product and also importantly had lots of work to do with it.

I contacted Adorama, and they are saying that they might exchange/ refund after seeing the product for which I have to ship back the product to the United States. They have asked me to provide a quotation of the shipment and told me that they will decide accordingly.

Firstly, I dont know how it will work out and next, I cannot trust these people anymore to refund me the money after returning the product. I am anyways losing the money I paid on customs.

Therefore, as being my fellow Lenovo Yoga mates, I request your advise on this issue to me. I would really appreciate whatever it is.

I kindly request Lenovo to look into this matter.

Thank you!

Amer

icc97
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,275
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 Screen is not working

I have exactly the same problem just a set of vertical lines on the screen. Never before have I had such a pathetic problem except maybe with laptops that are 6 years old.

For further details I have the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13-inch Convertible Ultrabook (Orange) - (Intel Core i7 3537U 2.0GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) bought from amazon.co.uk ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CA10NUE ).

The screen lasted 6 days before dying. Just enough time for me to waste getting it perfectly set up before it died. There was nothing to indicate prior to the screen failing that it was going to fail. Turned it off one night and turned it on the next morning and the screen was only displaying the vertical bars.

I'm going to try sending the Laptop back to Lenovo. I actually managed to get through to the Lenovo support - they have quite a good system of dropping the laptop off in a local shop that is then picked up by Lenovo, they reckon to have a turn around of 10 calendar days. I can recommend trying to call the Belgium helpdesk as Lenovo can never outsource the help desk people since they need to speak French and Dutch but usually they will also speak English - start the conversation with "Parlez vous anglais?" / "Spreek je engels?" Smiley Happy. Admittedly it will be no use if you need to return the item, but if you just need a bit of technical support it might be a good way to go.

annapulo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,841
Message 3 of 5

Hi I have just recently bought a yoga ideapad from hong kong and the screen is not working either.  I'd be using it for a few mintues and then it just has grey horizontal lines.  I tried using the warranty with the local service provider however they told me that the warranty is limited and not applicable inmy country.  Would you suggest I contact lenovo hong kong direcctly? Do you think they would fix it for me as its still under warranty? 
oliverco
What's DOS?
Views: 1,755
Message 4 of 5

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 13 in Aug 2013, and 7 months later, I also have the same issue: the screen only displays colorful vertical lines. If I plug in the HDMI cable to my TV, I can see that only the screen has failed because the OS fully boots up and all other functions work fine. The laptop has not been dropped or exposed to moisture. I will take the laptop in for a warranty repair, but such failures should not happen to a relatively new machine. Fry's rep told me that warranty service may take up to 3 months, which is also completely unacceptable. If there are enough of these failures, they really should do a recall and fix the screen or cable or whatever else might have failed.

Folar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 341
Message 5 of 5

I use an ideapad yoga 13 laptop. I have had it since 2014.
For the second time now the screen has suddenly turned blank with some black and white vertical  lines across the screen each time I put the power on. I can't do any work.
Can someone please advise me on what to do ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors