Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddin25
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,362
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 13 - Tochpad Problems / Cursor Jumps

Hey everybody,

Problem: If I rest one fingertip on my touchpad and do NOT move it, the cursor will jump in vertical direction up and down.

My System:

I have a Lenovo Yoga 13, i5, 8GB Ram, 128 GB SSD

• Windows 8.1 x64 fresh install (not original Lenovo version)
  • Linux Ubuntu 14.04 x64 LTS dual boot

BIOS: latest version Rev 55

Detailed Description:

This problem occurs in both operating systems, but not always. Cleaning the Touchpad does not have an influence. If I rest my fingertip on the touchpad and do not move it, the cursor will keeping jumping up and down with mainly small but rarely high altitudes. This behavior is illustrated in this Youtube Video which I recorded in Ubuntu. If the cursor disappears from the recorded area, a huge leap was performed and I have to move the cursor into scope again.

Already tried without success:

• reinstall OS (both)
  • BIOS upgrade
  • Driver-update (even though problem seems to be OS independent)
  • BIOS factory reset

This problem really drives me nuts Smiley Frustrated Working becomes a really frustrating job, cause you will hit wrong buttons very often...

Looking forward to your help!

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,331
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 - Tochpad Problems / Cursor Jumps

Sounds like a cracked screen.... if you can't see a crack, it is probably a micro crack.

maddin25
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,329
Message 3 of 4

Well if I get your answer right, then you missunderstood me. I'm not resting my finger on the touchSCREEN of the Yoga, but on the touchPAD. So how does the screen has anything to do with the touchpad?
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,315
Message 4 of 4

it only happens when you touch the touchpad? I understood it happened when you did not....

If it happens only when you touch the touch pad, decrease the sensitivity of the trackpad and check "increase pointer accuracy".

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors