cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawkeye007
Paper Tape
Views: 1,462
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 13 WiFi no longer connects to wireless network, but will connect to iPhone hotspot

I have a Yoga 13 running Windows 8.1 that has recently stopped connecting to my home wireless network.

All the latest Windows Updates are installed at this time.

I have uninstalled the Realtek Network device and the related drivers, rebooted and tested without luck.

This unit sees the networks and if I enter a wrong password, it asks for a re-entry of the correct password.  When the correct password is entered it says "Checking Network Requirements" then fails with "Can't connect to this network"

None of the troubleshooting services have been successful.

All my other devices connect without any issues.

I am runniing a Netgear R8000 Nighthawk wireless router.

What is odd is that this laptop will connect to my iPhone 6 hotspot without any issues.

I suspected a windows update may be the cause so I downloaded drivers from Lenovo for the wireless adapter.  Uninstalled the current ones, rebooted, and then installed the Lenove supplied drivers.  Still no joy.

Any other suggestions short of a reinstall of the OS?

Cheers!

Hawkeye007

Hawkeye007
Paper Tape
Views: 1,361
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 WiFi no longer connects to wireless network, but will connect to iPhone hotspot

Ok, Turns out this was an issue with the Netgear router. I had to do a hard reset and restore the configuration from an earlier backup.
All is well again in WiFi world.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors