Options

79 Posts

12-26-2012

Chicago, IL

336 Signins

1440 Page Views

• Views: 1440
  • Message 11 of 15

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 having two issues (power/sutdown and BSOD/wireless driver)

2014-05-07, 14:51 PM
Use this driver: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

It fixed my BSODs.
Options

5 Posts

05-06-2014

France

6 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 12 of 15

2014-05-12, 13:44 PM

Hello,

All my problems seem solved. After reinstalling windows 8 and making all updates, including 8.1, I installed all latest drivers but wifi/bluetooth (for it works well without updating them and I don't want to take the risk of having BSOD again).

My last issue is that the mouse pointer sometimes just disappear and I do need to restart the device (by using power button for example) to make it come back ! Not really annoying since it does not occur often.

My lenovo now works well. I have some remarks though :

- The screen, the keyboard and mechanical parts are really good. Quality is awesome.

- I really enjoy using this Yoga

On the other hand :

- It is a shame to put a single band 2.4 wifi adapter on such a device nowadays, since the performance delta with a dual band adapter is really huge (I now plug an USB adapter on my lenovo to use my NAS and it performs great perfs)

- The energy management does not allow to customize the charge threshold nor creating several thresholds (for example 60% and 80% , to adapt to different situations), this is a frustrating limitation to me as the implemented 60% threshold is too limitating for my use (I have to disable the option 30/60min before unplugging the laptop to have enough battery life for my need)

- The fan cooler is loud, and considering that I bought the Core i3 version, I wonder how loud this could be on the Core i7 version...

- They are too many drivers on the lenovo site (a dozen) and updating a brand new Yoga to windows 8.1 with correct drivers is a manual process, too tricky for beginners and people that do not have a good knowledge. On my previous laptop, updating drivers was a single pass procedure, and I have never been through such incompatibility problems (with BSOD)

All this said, I repeat that I really like my Yoga as a second lightweight laptop, and I think I will buy a second laptop (more expensive and more powerfull) in a year to replace my old one, when all components meet my requirements and more choice is available on the market.

Options

45 Posts

09-05-2013

TX

88 Signins

754 Page Views

• Views: 754
  • Message 13 of 15

2014-05-12, 15:57 PM

wrote:

- The fan cooler is loud, and considering that I bought the Core i3 version, I wonder how loud this could be on the Core i7 version...

Resolution: Notebook Fan Control

1) Under Configs get the Lenovo Yoga 13

2) Under Releases get the 1.1.0.17 build

Options

22 Posts

06-30-2013

USA

43 Signins

240 Page Views

• Views: 240
  • Message 14 of 15

2014-07-15, 22:50 PM

Well I found the reason for my power/shutdown issues was caused by a SD to Micro SD card that I had left in the laptop (yeah, I know quite some time ago).

As for the BSOD, I still haven't experienced this again, but I do have other weird things happening with the laptop itself that I will create another thread about.

Options

2 Posts

01-25-2013

netherlands

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 15 of 15

2014-09-29, 20:33 PM
sometimes I need to shut it down 2 or 3 times in a row for it to really shut down (instead of sleep). Another annoying thing is that the screen saver always kicks in too quickly, no matter which energy mode it is in.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete