cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
immu1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 126
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 13 not working without charger plugged in. (Charger works, new battery)

Hi!

I have 4 years old Lenovo Yoga Ideapad 13. 

The problems started couple weeks ago, when the computer wouldn't run or start up without being plugged in. I followed some other people's advice and got a new battery. It seemed to fix to problem for while. Now few weeks after the same problem stands with the new battery. It won't start or run, but when plugged in it says the battery is 100% and charging. 

I tried checking if the charger isn't working, but it charges all fine on my other Yoga, which has the same charger model. So please note that this isn't the common problem that is seen here on the forums, that the battery doesnt charge.

I'm pretty frustrated, as this problem persists even though I changed the battery. Anyone have ideas? I figured it could have something to do with the battery wire connecting battery to the motherboard, but there doesn't seem to be any defects or loose wires. 

However, I tried taking off the battery connection wire when plugged in, and then I get the message "No battery detected" instead of the regular "100% Fully charged".

Any help is appreciated. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 93
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 not working without charger plugged in. (Charger works, new battery)

Hi immu1,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Since the laptop shows 100% Fully Charged when you connected the charger it only means that the battery is detected. Did you notice any changes/updates happen prior to this issue? Are you currently running on Windows 10 OS? If yes, please try to update the ACPI driver using the link below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-13-NOTEBOOK-IDEAPA...

I would also recommend to try the steps below to isolate the issue.

- Make sure the charger is not connected
- Turn off the laptop and wait for about 10 seconds then press the NOVO Button (Guide here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht062552)
- Check if the laptop will turn on and access the BIOS
- This will help us determine if it has something to do with the OS

Kindly update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

immu1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 80
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 not working without charger plugged in. (Charger works, new battery)

Hi 

immu1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 69
Message 4 of 4

And I need to add on to this as another idea popped up.

I wasn't totally honest/exact on the timeframes here, as this problem actually first time oocured several months ago, then I replaced the battery with a new one and it worked normally.

After that I didn't charge the battery for couple of months, until now after couple of months when I was about to sell the computer.

I figured that could the new battery have died from not being used/charged for several months? How could I test if the new battery is still viable?

Br, Ilmari

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors