Options

0 Posts

01-24-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 14 touchpad stops working on restart until I run windows update and restart

2020-01-24, 3:25 AM

The subject really says it all. I'll be using my laptop in the morning before work, and when I attempt to use it later in the day after starting it back up, the mouse cursor is missing and touchpad does not work. During this time, my USB mouse works fine.

Then, if I run windows update, and then restart, the touchpad is fully functional again.

I've attempted updating all software/hardware with no improvement.

Hopefully someone can help, because it is one of the more annoying computer issues I've ever faced.

Options

294 Posts

11-26-2019

HK

125 Signins

2553 Page Views

• Views: 2553
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 14 touchpad stops working on restart until I run windows update and restart

2020-01-24, 5:01 AM
So, does it only happen once or it happens every time you start your laptop?
Options

0 Posts

01-24-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 14 touchpad stops working on restart until I run windows update and restart

2020-01-26, 21:59 PM

It's not every time. Some starts are fine, some are not. I feel it is more common with bringing the laptop out of sleep mode. And if it does happen, the touchpad does not work again until I run windows update and then restart. So if it happens, and I power down fully, then restart, it won't work unless I've run update, which generally pulls an update of the windows defender program.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save