Options

10 Posts

01-04-2019

SE

30 Signins

467 Page Views

• Views: 467
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Yoga 15ARR - Tons of bugs, how can we reach lenovo?

2019-08-04, 11:35 AM

Hi! I own a Lenovo Yoga 14-ARR (Ryzen 2500U), and there are tons of bugs in need of fixing, but how do we reach Lenovo and the development teams so they can actually be aware of the faults?

BIOS

- After latest BIOS/UEFI update the CPU clocks is downclocked to 400MHz when battery drops below 20%, after that the unit runs at 400MHz until hard shutdown (holding down the power button), charging doesn't help. one time it did get back again to normal speeds when plugging and unplugging the cable several times. This is NOT a windows power setting. (because it doesn't do anything the CPU clocks when battery level has hit 20% one time)

- Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and Da Vinci resolve hangs due to insufficient dedicated VRAM. Please let us choose the amount ourselves in the UEFI! 240MB is abysmall in 2019. 0.5MB or even 1GB is bare minimum for creative work today.

- Freesync doesn't work properly on external monitors although it is advertised by AMD. The hardware doesn't recognize the monitors supported resolutions and refresh rates either. although they are fully working on other AMD GPUs with the same generation drivers.

- External monitor issues - some resolutions results in flickering, not displaying correctly (even when using "GPU scaling"). and no it's not the cable. I have certified HDMI cables that can run 2560x1440@120Hz just fine on my other computer.

- HDMI doesn't support 2560x1440 @ 120Hz, although the Ryzen 2500U should support it technically. The computer only has HDMI 1.4 according to some design document. although the 2500U supports HDMI 2.0. This is not being properly communicated by lenovo.

Some of these issues might not be software related. But I feel like I need answers. after one year using this device, I am not happy with a product this glitchy. And it's a shame that Lenovo hides from its customers behind huge walls like this forum. I want to be able to report problems  and get customer feedback. And the support cannot just shrug these issues of their shoulders with the answer "nothing we can do about it" (I have called and e-mailed 3 times). I love the idea of the Yoga 14-ARR as a perfect creative tool (and light gaming laptop), but it falls short due to all of these bugs.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete