cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teddybear154
Paper Tape
Views: 2,289
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 2 11.6 laptop keeps freezing up and making buzzing sound advice needed?

I have Recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 2. 11.6 inch screen Laptop. With N 3530 processor.

I am having problems with it freezing up and it makes a horrible loud buzzing sound. No buttons respond, mouse won't function and touch screen does not respond. In the end I have to press and hold power button to get it to switch off then turn on again.

The problem mainly happens when watching videos. Using Netflix app is the worst. 

The buzzing sound seems to be coming from speakers.

I have checked error logs and the main errors showing are one about display can't tell brightness settings and another about Netflix app. 

I have tried to uninstall netfix app and reinstall but it makes no difference. Also problem is not just with netfix.

I have been to Lenovo website and have updated some drivers. I updated bios but this did not improve things.

I have tried to update display drivers as one of errors happening a lot recently is about the display. I downloaded correct drivers for my laptop from Lenovo website But it won't let me install them.

I get a error message saying customised manufacturer drivers installed so can't install. 

Contact manufacture for correct drivers.

What is wrong is there any way to fix or will I have to return laptop.

Also keyboard and touch pad do  not disable in tent or stand mode.

Making stand mode in particular impossible to use.

why is this and again is it possible to fix this.

I have recorded a video of laptop when freezes and sound it makes, it is on YouTube. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to video or not.

Let me know if you want me to pay link to video.

any advice much appreciated

thanks in advance

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 2,261
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 11.6 laptop keeps freezing up and making buzzing sound advice needed?

Update your bios & drivers(mostly WLAN,GRAPHICS & AUDIO DRIVERS) uninstall drivers fully before installing ...... run command SFC  /SCANNOW to ensure windows files integrity,If any problems found while scanning do another command dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...it could take some time..... after it completes 100 %  then run again SFC /SCANNOW command...... Check your antivirus is running properly or not(advice-donot use McAffee,Use BitDefender or Kaspersky or even free antivirus like Avast or Avira)..... Keep an eye on taskmanager for any suspicious programs if any found to your knowledge check its properities and google it...... Check your network has vulnerability issues... mostly open hotspot..... If all else fails reinstall windows ..... Even still fails there might be problem with H/W(can be any).....

Regards

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
Teddybear154
Paper Tape
Views: 2,249
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 11.6 laptop keeps freezing up and making buzzing sound advice needed?

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded display drivers again from Lenovo website and got same error message when tried to install. So did as you said and uninstalled display/graphics drivers and it restarted computer.

once restarted computer it automatically re installed drivers. I tried again to install drivers from Lenovo website but it won't let me I just keep getting error messages saying can't install on my system.

but uninstalling and then letting it automatically reinstall drivers seems to have fixed the freezing issue.

I was able to watch several hours of videos with no freezing.

i have updated all other drivers and bios as well

Im still having problems with keyboard and touch pad not disabling in stand or tent mode.

I have noticed that the smart switch software (think that's what it is called) that controls the position of screen and disabling of keyboard is not installed.

and no ymc.exe running in services. Which apparently is needed.

how do I fix this. I have been on Lenovo website and can't find a download for smart switch or ymc.exe. Only one for Lenovo tablets which obviously won't work.

any advice would be much appreciated 

thanks in advance

GNappa
What's DOS?
Views: 1,327
Message 4 of 4

Did you ever find a solution for the freezing & buzzing issue and the touchpad & kayboard not disabling in tent mode?

I've had a Yoga 510 for a 2 weeks and have had the same issues over the last couple of days.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors