07-08-2017 10:46 PM
I have Lenovo Yoga 2 11 ( 2years old). There was no issue till 2 days back. Have given the issue details below.
1. Laptop went into issue - " Windows is not responding" and then got shut down.
2. Tried to restart. After booting, the screen did show that "Windows is attempting repair". It was in the same state for more than 24 hours.
3. I did a hard shut down and tried to restart. But then it displayed "No Bootable device, hit any key".
4. I downloaded Windows Recovery media (Windows 10 X64) to USB and booted from there to fix windows start up issue repair.
5. After repair, tried to reboot. Faces the issue (point 3) again and again.
6. Looked into the BIOS set up and found that nothing is there under 'EFI section'. The Boot mode is 'UEFI' and not allowing me to edit, so can't change it to Legacy.
7. Browsed through Lenovo support forum and other web help for a day, tried everything, but not able to change boot set up or boot from harddrive.
8. I thought Hard drive may have been disconnected, but on BIOS Information section, I can see Hard disk information. So it seems hard disk is good.
Can anybody help me with valuable input please ? I have attached all the screenshots in this thread.
Is Hard disk damaged ?
What can be the cause behind it not booting from HD and not allowing me to change the Boot mode to Legacy ?
07-09-2017 02:36 AM - edited 07-09-2017 02:38 AM
This happened to me too with my old HP Spectre x2 13 Pro. It has InsydeH20 BIOS too. I can't remember how I fixed that, but try resetting bios settings. It seems to be a common issue.
07-09-2017 08:46 PM
Thanks for your message.
Do you mean resetting BIOS to factory set up ? I tried that already. Not successful getting the Legacy option though.
Is there any other way to reset BIOS ?
03-09-2018 02:04 PM
I had the same issue. Very frustrating. The problem for me was that my boot drive was formatted NFTS and it must be in FAT32. Once I reformatted the drive, everything went smooth. Hope that helps.