Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-19-2020

Afghanistan

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Repair Help!

2020-08-19, 22:43 PM

Good afternoon fellow Lenovo users,

I’m writing in regards to two main issues I’m having with my Lenovo laptop and I’m requesting assistance in getting it repaired. The model for my Lenovo Yoga 2 13 is 20344. These are my two main issues:

1.) The laptop will no longer charge as the charger port for it is stuck inside (see attached image)

2.) Some of the laptops keys no longer work (ie. the Enter key, Ctrl key, etc.)

I need help in going about to getting these two issues fixed and repaired. I’ve tried contacting my local Best Buy GeekSquad and they said it would take 4-6 weeks and would cost $85 but there’s no guarantees that Lenovo would have the parts I’d need to fix it and the $85 is non-refundable, so it’s risky. 

I’m looking for the most cost-effective and time-efficient method to fix my laptop as I‘ll need it soon for online schooling. Please give me any tips or advice in fixing it. Thanks in advance for any help!

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

326 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Views: 14351
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Repair Help!

2020-08-20, 10:06 AM

Hi StevenRamsingh,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If the device is still within Warranty, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

In the event it is outside of warranty. I'd open the laptop up and try to get the charging socket out again. Refer to the hardware manual for how to remove the cover and potential hardware to reach the socket.

For the keyboard key not working, there could be built up static that is preventing the keys from working. I'd suggest trying a static discharge of the device to see if this can remedy the issue.

Static Discharge

- Remove all cables attached to the device (power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)

- Ensure device is switched OFF

- Hold down power button for 60 seconds

- Re-attach all cables

- Try to start up as usual

If a keyboard replacement is in order, please see Support Page for compatible hardware.

Just plot in your in your serial number and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to the Parts section, then compatibility.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms