Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JCL24
Paper Tape
Views: 647
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 booting problems

Hi All

Sorry not sure about the exact configuration of my Lenovo Yoga 2 13 (59432164 or Type 80DM59432164)...

Symptoms: System not booting any more: From the initial "Lenovo screen" dark screen not responding...

Before that I had a very difficult and long boot with sometimes a "preparing the automatic repair" message...

Must say regarding what I red that my harddrive may be faulty as I sometimes hear doggy sounds with VERY slow perfomance (at the time I could sill use it)...

It is also possible that I have a virus/malware/rootkit on the system as my protection was also limited during the last months... (...)

Unsuccessful attemps so far:

Accessing the "BIOS" with "lenovo button"

"System recorery" option does not lead anywhere with computer "loading files" but going dead (dark screen) again...

Not sure about the safe mode start procedure there, but initial try through "BIOS menu" lead to "windows boot Manager boot failed" message (after a "loading files" barre again).

Trying to reload windows with a USB bootable device (WIN10 flashed on USB with rufus) and the appropriate change to my BIOS (with Lenovo tutorial) leads nowhere again (brief windows logo appearing on screen going dark very quickly and not responding...)

From there I tried to load different freewares bootable on a USB device to analyse my harddrive SEATools... not working and leading anywhere...

Any help please is very welcome

EchoDev
What's DOS?
Views: 566
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 13 booting problems

I have the same issue here I've tried a ton of stuff but I'm starting to make things worse I think, ever find a solution?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 553
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 13 booting problems

Hi JCL24! thanks for reaching out in our community. Let us try the steps below as for basic troubleshooting. 

Please remove the charger, then hold down the power button for 15 seconds. Release the button after then connect the charger, hold down the power button again for 15 seconds. Release then power it back on. Let me know if something will show up. 

If same issue, let us verify if the hard drive is showing up in BIOS.

Please go to BIOS using the novo button. Check under system information if the hard drive is showing up. If not, please contact our service center in this link https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678 just filter it by the city nearest you. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors