cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BitWolf
What's DOS?
Views: 381
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 - no auto-rotate, tent-mode (8.1/10)

Hello!
I've bought used Lenovo Yoga 2 13 few days ago. It had installed Windows 10 Home on it but since I didn't wanted to have any files from previous owner I've wiped entire drive and reinstalled it. Windows have taken care of all the drivers so I haven't any problems here, but I've never get to work any tablet capabilities of this laptop. To be accurate the keyboard locks out when laptop is in full tablet mode but you'll bend it just few degrees and you have turned on keyboard and touchpad again. Rotation doesn't work at all so I can forget about any modes between laptop mode and tablet mode. I've installed all the drivers, I've installed Yoga Mode Control but... it simply doesn't work at all. I have all the files, I have a YMC service that is "officially" working in the background but it doesn't do anything and turning it on and off makes no difference. I even installed Lenovo Vantage but that didn't help too. So after a week I've decided to downgrade this machine to Windows 8.1 since this laptop was made specifically for this system and there was also that Lenovo Transition software. And I did it. Now I have Windows 8.1. I've downloaded all the drivers and also the Lenovo Transition. But guess what... it doesn't work at all too. I've checked old version, then 2.0 version, then YMC again and all of them does not work at all. YMC actually "works" the same way as Windows 10 version. I have no idea what that could be. I've turned on auto-rotate, rotation lock button is in Autorotate On mode. I guess sensors are fine if I'm getting keyboard and touchpad lock in tablet mode. Does anybody have any idea what I can do with it so it will finally work?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 350
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 13 - no auto-rotate, tent-mode (8.1/10)

Hi BitWolf,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It seems that you've already done all the necessary troubleshooting steps in order to isolate the issue. Just to confirm were you able to update the BIOS as well of your laptop? If yes, then what I recommend is to bring the laptop to one of the authorized service center for repair. Possible that there a hardware component on the laptop that is malfunctioning.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

BitWolf
What's DOS?
Views: 334
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 13 - no auto-rotate, tent-mode (8.1/10)

BIOS is the newest version. I've even re-installed it just to be sure.
There are multiple solutions to that problem but they require software and drivers from 2014-15 that are non-existent anymore like Lenovo Settings or Lenovo Companion because they've been replaced with Windows 10 Only solutions where people have the very same problems on that system. Well... I guess I'll have to live with always active keyboard and keyboard rotation shortcuts...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors