Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
planetoid127
Fanfold Paper
Views: 136
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Failure

Hi, I have a Yoga 2 Pro that I have used for many years without any problems.  However it has recently develloped a problem that has made it unusable.  After a while, the computer will stop working as fast as usual and the fan will start to speed up to its maximum.  A few minutes later, the computer becomes unresponsive and stops working completely with the exception of the screen that start having random bars flicker across it gradually having more and more appear until they fill the screen.  I have already tried removing the screen connector and reataching it, I have tried reinstalling Windows, disabling the Intel Power Management features, and I have booted with Linux to try to remove my files.  Is this a GPU failure?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Note:  I have included a video clip of one of the early stages of the screen flickering.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 135
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Failure

I would run Vantage hardware scan or Lenovo Solution Center hardware scan and see if anything shows up.

planetoid127
Fanfold Paper
Views: 133
Message 3 of 4

I would like to do this, however I can't run the computer for over 10 minutes.  Therefore a scan cannot be completed.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 124
Message 4 of 4

You could choose selective scan  and scan all except the HDD.

You could also go into event viewer and see if any clues there.

Download this and check cpu temps:

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If cpu temps hit 100C or 212F, your CPU is overheating and your machine will shut down.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors