Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slovo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,084
Message 11 of 19

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Freezing after sleep

Any news on this subject? I have this as well, similar Yoga spec to yours, thanks!
igglebop
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,065
Message 12 of 19

Mine has been running freeze-free for a while now.  I am confident that the problems were from 3rd-party drivers, bugs in Windows 8.1 (there are a lot of those), or some combination of the two.  Apparently Windows 8.1 has a different kind of sleep mode than previous versions, and it requires all drivers to be able to go into a sleep state.  Any drivers that can't will cause this sort of crashing behavior.

Here are the changes that I made to my system:

- Installed all the latest windows updates, including the optional ones, but not the stupid ones (like Bing bar)

- Ran the free SlimDrivers program and it found a few updates.  One or two of them failed to install, but the others went through.

- Rolled back the trackpad driver to 17.0.8.4 after noticing some other issues with the trackpad.  In certain applications, like Outlook 2013, the two-finger slide action would attempt to zoom instead of scroll.  Installing this driver fixed that issue.  Dunno if it had any role in fixing the freezing problem, though.

Somewhere amongst all those changes was the fix.

Another note: Recently I was having problems with slow performance and the fan running all the time.  I looked at task manager and it turned out the Store Broker was using 50-90% of my CPU.  It's a Windows 8.1 bug that hasn't been resolved so far.  But there's a workaround out there that lets you disable the Windows Store via the registry, and that prevents the issue (but prevents you from accessing the Windows Store unless you re-enable it).

Jasoonnmp
802.11n
Views: 1,198
Message 13 of 19

If the solutions provided to you don't work what can be happening is when you're computer goes into sleep mode it relies on the memory. There are some stress tests that can help you figure out whether your ram is failing or not, I use memtest when I have issues it runes cycles, usually only run anywhere from 1 test to 3. Usually takes a hour of not a tad bit more. 

i5 - 3450 3.4 GHz / 2TB HDD / 32GB MEMORY / GTX 750Ti GPU
michaelfree
What's DOS?
Views: 1,063
Message 14 of 19

simle solution

throw it away it's rubbish, buy a decent laptop

even had a new mother board, but it still does it, why waste time, get rid of it

michaelfree
What's DOS?
Views: 1,059
Message 15 of 19

I have a YOGA 2-11 with the same problem.

SEnt it back and had a new mother board or something dramatic, and ok for a few months, but now back to same thing.

Tried getting help from LENOVO by a wast of telephone time, They've had the money,

Best cure is don't buy LENOVO at least the cheaper laptops don't cost as much

kescoe
Paper Tape
Views: 975
Message 16 of 19

Hi, I have a Lenovo yoga 2 11..Well my lenovo won't power on until today because it was in stand by mode..which my neighbor told me...Now it is completely frezed and I don't know what to do .. It doesn't respond any at all.. Please help😨😂

dsigman8319
What's DOS?
Views: 589
Message 17 of 19

I'm having the same trouble. I reset it and upgraded to Windows 10. I didn't re-load a lot of the software I had on before but the problem still exists. I suspect it's over heating. Any ideas?

DMK808
What's DOS?
Views: 539
Message 18 of 19

My Yoga Pro 2 has spent more time with Lenovo tech depot and I have yet to be able to use it for 2 days.  Lenovo is denying any widespread freezing problem with the device, but it persists.

I just got mine back today and again, it is frozen and DOA.

You can try pressing the power button and the up volume.  If the power light doesn't appear, you should send it to the shop.

As a warning, mine spent 2 months without any update and 2 days after I received it, it stopped charging.  Back to Lenovo on July 27, and I got it back today, Aug. 22nd.  

I will not buy another Lenovo product again.  I have used Thinkpads since their debut over 12 years ago and will stick with the Thinkpad line.  

qammari143
What's DOS?
Views: 264
Message 19 of 19

Try changing the Power Option setting for your HDD because there's a part there where HDD can turn off and that's causing this problem with your laptop. Please try and follow these steps.

http://www.ithemesforests.com/laptop-hangs-after-waking-from-sleep/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors