cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gearhead1
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro: Replaced Cracked Screen.....Now won't go to sleep when closed.

I cracked my screen and replaced with a new one.   Now when I close the lid, it won't go to sleep; rather it goes to tablet mode.   I have to press the power button to make it go to sleep.  

I put back the original screen and it goes to sleep as it should.   I've tried two different brand new screens and it will never go to sleep when closed.    Lenovo doesn't sell replacement screens so I'm forced to go to ebay or Amazon.  

I have checked setting to make sure it goes to sleep when the lid closes.   The magnets are in the replacements.  Hmm, has anyone ever experienced this?  Any recommendations what to do?   Thank you for your input.  

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 105
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro: Replaced Cracked Screen.....Now won't go to sleep when closed.

I have never taken one of those apart, but normally, there are one or two magnets and one or two Hall sensors.  Are you saying the magnet(s) are in the lid and the sensors are in the body?  Are they in exactly the same place?

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
gearhead1
Paper Tape
Views: 95
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro: Replaced Cracked Screen.....Now won't go to sleep when closed.

Thanks for responding.  There are two magnets on the back of the screen and are located in the same place.  I'm not sure where the hall sensor are located.  I'll have to research that.  

Stangely, one thing I discovered, with the new screen installed and the laptop turned on, if I lay the loose old cracked one (NOT connected by anything) over the keyboard, it will go to sleep.  Again, new one attached and connected does nothing; yet old one not attached and not connected but puts it to sleep as I lay it over the keyboard.  There is something in the old screen that puts it to sleep; but not in the new screen.  There doesn't seem to be any pieces I can simply switch over to the new one.   The magnets were already removed from the old one and installed in the new one.  I may try flipping the magnets next to see if that does anything.    

Any other plans of attack while I have it cracked open? 

gearhead1
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 4 of 4

One more bit of info:  When the screen is closed, it goes to Tablet Mode (instead of going to Sleep).    Otherwise other functions work as they should: Laptop mode with screen open and Table mode when flipped completely over.  

Top Kudoed Authors