DE

2 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - Replaced Screen, "touch function" does not work

2017-01-25, 13:55 PM

Hey there,

Just had an cracked screen on my Yoga 2 Pro and paid for a replacement.

As the screen was cracked, I had to disable the HID-compliant touch screen in my device manager because otherwise I couldn't use the Yoga 2 Pro at all - because of the crack it was like touches like everywhere on the screen at the same time, but I was able to disable it in "device manager".

Yesterday, my screen has been changed and everything works fine - except the "touch function"! If I rotate my Yoga 2 Pro nothing happens, too.

If I open the device manager, my HID-compliant touch screen is not visibile. If I press "show hidden devices" and select the HID-compliant touch screen (it is shown then), it is listed as "not connectet" - error code 45. But the screen itself is working. If I search for drivers, it says everything is fine. But the HID-compliant touch screen is not connected...?! How in the world I can tell my Yoga 2 Pro that there is a touch function in my new screen?!

So, I am a little confused about what to do with it! How I can start my HID-compliant touch screen again?

Thanks for every hint!! And excuse me for my bad English!!:smileyhappy: :heart:

Solved! See the solution
Options

10717 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39416 Signins

409217 Page Views

• Views: 409217
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - Replaced Screen, "touch function" does not work

2017-01-25, 17:23 PM

Did you do the repair?  Lenovo?  Is it an original screen or aftermarket "compatible" screen?  Is it possible the touch cable isn't connected?

Rich

To help with forum searches, check this out: https:/forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Using-Browser-Search-to-find-your-answers-in-Lenovo-and-Moto-Community/m-p/5016916

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

2 Posts

01-25-2017

DE

2 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-01-25, 17:41 PM

no, I didnt do the repair. it is an original screen with the lenovo sign. could you tell me how to ensure that the cable is connected? thanks!!

Options

10717 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39416 Signins

409217 Page Views

• Views: 409217
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-01-25, 21:50 PM

If you didn't do the repair, return it to whoever did.  The screen needs to be disassembled to check the cable connections.  They are inside.

Rich

To help with forum searches, check this out: https:/forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Using-Browser-Search-to-find-your-answers-in-Lenovo-and-Moto-Community/m-p/5016916

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save