Options

4 Posts

03-05-2016

Minneapolis

6 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 2, stuck on login screen. Need help!

2016-03-05, 18:24 PM
My Lenovo Yoga 2 has some very weird issues that is preventing me from using it. Here's a list of the issues I've noticed:

- When I hover over the power icon, there is no option to restart, shutdown or sleep. This only occurs randomly.

- I no longer have internet connection. A red "x" is on the connection icon. I'm not able to put it into airplane mode either.

- Cannot sign in. When I input my password/pin, it'll load and then restarts. But when I do get in, there is a black screen and I get an error and it restarts.

- When left on the sign-in screen, it'll restart by itself

- The initial loading screen is longer than usual.

The last thing I remember doing before this happened was ripping CDs using an external optical drive. I'm not tech savvy so I probably won't know much terminolgy about computers but I'll do some quick research when needed.
Solved! See the solution
Options

2244 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3308 Signins

40110 Page Views

• Views: 40110
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2, stuck on login screen. Need help!

2016-03-06, 1:27 AM

Have you tried performing a system restore? This may help restore your computer to a working condition. Read this on how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings

Best,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelinesbefore posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Options

4 Posts

03-05-2016

Minneapolis

6 Signins

44 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2016-03-06, 2:00 AM
I can't access that menu because I'm unable to go get past the sign-in screen. And if and when I do manage to, I'll just be greeted with a black screen with a error message and an inevitable restart.
Options

2244 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3308 Signins

40110 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2016-03-06, 2:03 AM

I see. Try these steps to perform a reset. Let me know how it goes. 

1. Turn off your computer
  2. Next to the power button (on the right hand side), there is a little, small button. Press this button. This button is called the OKR (one key recovery) button.
  3. On boot, you will be prompted with about 4 option. Select the option that says recovery (or one key recovery). 
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts.

Best,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelinesbefore posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

03-05-2016

Minneapolis

6 Signins

44 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2016-03-06, 2:17 AM
Oh my, that's a button? I thought it was just an LED. Trying it right now. Will update later. Thanks!
Options

2244 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3308 Signins

40110 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2016-03-06, 2:35 AM

Haha, no problem. Let me know how it goes

Best,
Eric Xu

Options

4 Posts

03-05-2016

Minneapolis

6 Signins

44 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2016-03-06, 6:15 AM

It worked! Thanks very much!

Options

2244 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3308 Signins

40110 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2016-03-06, 6:17 AM

You're welcome, great to hear! 

Best,
Eric Xu

Options

1 Posts

12-27-2018

US

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 9 of 9

2018-12-27, 17:36 PM

So well I tired that and all went well until my yoga 2 got stuck on the windows loading acrrsc, you know with the 4 colored circles that come together to make the windows logo, but anyway it just freezes, I got into bios do the recovery, wait about 6 hours for it to recover it's files and then it just freezes, any ideas on how to fix it

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save