Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-11-2016

United States of America

12 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 3 11 Second Trip to Depot - Depot damage case with long screws

2016-07-11, 2:44 AM

I noticed after my laptop came back from the service depot the first attempt at the repair that most of the screws that hold it together had been replaced with Philips head screws.  One of the original star screws was still installed.  Also the cover around the keyboard seems to be looser and I could see under it from the side.  Also the change in screw appears to have made several dents in the surface of the laptop.  I appear the new screws are either too long or were over driven.  I would not expect my laptop to be damaged while in the depot for repair. 

I first sent my laptop into the depot May 31, 2016.  It came back with a new hard drive, running windows 10 in safe-mode, and still had the same freezing/shutting down problems.  It also had new screws and new dents near the touch pad from the new screws.  The night I received the laptop and tried using it with the same problems I sent it in for the first time, I called Lenovo service to send it back in.  That was June 8, 2016.

I sent is back to the depot on June 14, 2016.  On June 26 the update on the order was that the broken part was not in stock.  Then July 8 I asked Lenovo support what was going on and they informed me the new part would arrive July 11 and they would expedite the repair and shipping.  Overall not a terrific experience.

I want to be clear, the under manufacturer’s warranty laptop should only be returned in good working order in the same or better shape that I provided it to Lenovo for repair.

Options

11807 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33079 Signins

1238475 Page Views

• Views: 1238475
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 11 Second Trip to Depot - Depot damage case with long screws

2016-07-11, 4:55 AM

Hello jjscmitt, welcome to the comunity,

I'm sorry to have to read about your experience and clearly this is something which shouldn't happen.  I'd like to ask for this to be looked into a little deeper and in order to do so will need a little more information. Could you please send me the following by private message;

Full Name;
Telephone No.; +
email address;
System Type;
System s/n;

Date of purchase;
Case Numbers;

Thanks in advance

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)