Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bsulli42
Fanfold Paper
Views: 153
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Yoga 3 11 - model 80J8 - no audio from internal speakers, headphone jack has audio

Lenovo Yoga 3 11 - model 80J8:  out of warranty

I have done several searches and it seems there is a fairly common problem with some Yoga machines and audio.  All of a sudden a few months ago, the internal speakers went silent.  I did not notice it because I don't use it much for streaming audio, but when I do, I connect it to external speakers.  Audio to an external source functions fine, but internal speakers are silent.  Control panel and Device Manager show speakers functioning properly.

I have read previous postings back to 2015 and it seems there is no real Lenovo reply or fix for this problem.  I have already tried to update the Realtek driver and that had no effect.  I am not willing to restore to factory default, since this machine shipped with Windows 8 and I upgraded to Windows 10 a few years ago.  The audio worked fine after the Windows 10 upgrade.  
Respectfully, please only respond if you have factual data, rather than speculation.  This problem is well documented in the forums and elsewhere, but I have yet to find something concrete.
I thought it may help to add a thread on the subject, as I expect others with the problem are frustrated, especially since there does not seem to be a formal response from Lenovo (that I can find)..  Thank you in advance!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors