Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amm24
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 763
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 3 11" slow internet

I've had my new yoga 3 11" for a couple  of  weeks and everything has been great, apart from very slow internet connection. First, I thought it was my internet provider is just slow, but I tried with other laptop/tablet/phone and they all give me acceptable speed. Whereas this laptop is being extremely slow, when going to facebook website, the page doesn't load fully when scrolling and it lags a lot of youtube videos. Sometimes just can't connect to the page error. If I do other operations on the laptop it's fine. So I guess it's just the internet. I'm currently on windows 10 btw. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong before I'm sending it back to the seller for faulty? Thanks

jalyesh
What's DOS?
Views: 662
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 11" slow internet

I am having a similar issue with my Yoga 3. A lot of video I try to stream is very choppy. I thought it was my internet connection but the problem persists in all networks i sign onto. Could someone from Lenovo please respond? I bought this Yoha 3 11 two months ago and the video is almost unwatchable!

howie5267
What's DOS?
Views: 102
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 11" slow internet

I really don't know what is causing this issue but I do know what fixed it for me. Windows 8 and 10 were both just dogs on the internet. Speed. I tried all the setting suggestions and everything I could find from power saving ect... I am very tech savvy and I'm not trying to brag just telling my background, I'm a software engineer and am familiar  with pc's. The ony thing that I have found to work is installing Linux. I went with Ubuntu and it works flawless on the Yoga 3 11. I'm not sure what is the problem with windows is but I don't need that headache anymore. So if  yo want a fix that is it. Ubuntu 18.04 installs as easy as windows and for most would work jsut as well. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors