IE

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 3 13.3 Pro USB not working after charger failure

2018-07-16, 14:35 PM

Hello community,

Several days ago my charger for Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 has failed causing an electric spike that shut down the laptop. After receiving a new one laptop did turn on no problem, battery is charging, however is all was fine I wouldn't be posting here.

USB ports do not work. No electric output, no device detections etc. Ever the charging port usb does not work, only powers and charges.

I tried reseting bios, checking bios settings, drivers, windows re-install, lenovo troubleshooter. None helped.

Is anybody aware where on the MOBO I can check for fault? Will I have to replace mobo or is the usb controller a part I can order and swap?

Options

1 Posts

10-17-2018

AU

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 13.3 Pro USB not working after charger failure

2018-10-17, 11:53 AM

I had the same problem after the charger pin is intermittently connecting all my USB ports stopped working. I did most of the troubleshooting in Windows and other places from google like uninstalling the drivers reinstalling and changing the power settings of USB and also registry edit to change to disable the power settings etc., everything failed and then read about the novo button (Reset button I think) somewhere and clicked on it I think it had reset the bios or something and it worked like a charm.

Options

5 Posts

10-10-2017

TR

5 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 13.3 Pro USB not working after charger failure

2019-12-23, 21:23 PM

Yes, you can fix the problem by pressing the power button for 20 seconds.

Yes, the problem is solved by changing the BIOS version (from A6CN56WW to A6CN58WW or from A6CN58WW to A6CN56WW), it does not make any difference between the old version to the new version or the new version to the old version.

But when you use this solutions, the problem is not solved permanently. Unfortunately, it happens again and again and then you will use one of the above again.

If you want to fix this problem permanently, YOU MUST CHANGE(replace) YOUR POWER CABLE

i changed my power cable then everthing is OK now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete