Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ucraj510
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 3 14 ONLY TURNS ON WITH BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER doesn't update

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 14 Laptop. I reinstalled the windows 10, because after the November update i been having issues with the laptop turning off by itself and not turning back on. 

Now my issue is that my laptop only turns on with the basic display adapter. When i try to update the display adapter driver, it turns off mid installation, and doesnt even complete it. However, when i hook up an external display, such as HDMI to my TV, then it is able to upgrade the driver successfully. But, as soon as i remove the external display, the laptop shuts off immidiately and doesnt turn on. The next step is to revert back to the basic display driver to continue using the laptop. Have to go back to safe mode and rollback to previous driver. The reason why i need to update my display driver is because the brightness is stuck on full. 

Also 6 months ago i had to replace my screen because it cracked, but it was working fine with no issue for several months. Suddenly the issues just started occuring.

Any suggestions on whats wrong or cwhat i can do to solve this issue, much appriciated!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 107
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 14 ONLY TURNS ON WITH BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER doesn't update

Is it an aftermarket screen?  I have seen cases where  non-Lenovo screens didn't work properly because the LED's configuration chip (ESID) had incorrect information.  Issues included ones like yours and the inability to adjust brightness.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ucraj510
Paper Tape
Views: 98
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 14 ONLY TURNS ON WITH BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER doesn't update

Thanks for your reply
Yes it is an after market screen, however, even after replacing the screen, it was working fine for 4-5 months with updated drivers and no issues. That is why I dont think it is a screen issue because it was working fine after screen replacement. All of a sudden my laptop started shutting down and reverted back to the basic display driver.
Now I cannot update the driver. Any other possible issues anyone can think of?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors