Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheOldDozer
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 3 14 Wifi Antenna wire routing

I am currently working on the above-mentioned tablet. I've replaced the display and am trying to route the wifi antenna wires back around the bezel but I can't find a reference image for how this is to be done. In looking at it, I don't see a good way to route the wires. And the black and white drawn images in the manual don't really give a good indication as to how the routing should be done other than around the outside edge. I've searched videos and teardowns and can't find a good example of the model I'm working on. 

Does anyone have a picture or reference image of the Lenovo Yoga 3 14 80JH laptop Wifi routing? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 172
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 14 Wifi Antenna wire routing

Hi TheOldDozer!

Welcome to the Community,

There are videos from this link https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT505031 that we can use for guide in routing the Wi-Fi Antenna cables. There is no video guide in removing the Wi-Fi Antenna, but the Camera and Microphone Replacement video has a view of the wires routed around the LCD Bezel, and also a view of how the antenna was positioned once the cable has been routed (See attached Image for reference).

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

TheOldDozer
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 3 of 9

Thanks! That helps a little. I'm familiar with where the antennae go. What I'm having trouble with is re-routing the wires back through the guides around the edge. Seems like no matter what I do, I can't get the black and white wires from the antennae to fit through the routing guides. And this prevents me from closing the shell. 

In looking at the videos, it's still not clear how the wires are routed. There is a tiny gap around the side of the actual display and then there are grooves around the outside edge of the bezel. However, these grooves don't seem to be big enough for more than a single wire. And the wires seem too big to place next to the clasps as they seem to prevent them from coming together. 

I'll admit, this has been probably the most frustrating computer repair I've done in several years... 

TheOldDozer
Paper Tape
Views: 138
Message 4 of 9

Just curious as to whether anyone else has a better image of the routing around the bezel for the wireless antenna. I honestly expected to find something here that would help. 

I've gone so far as to reach out to a certified repair vendor as listed on this site and they said they couldn't help me. I'll admit, I'm a little frustrated with this particular project... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated at this point. Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 129
Message 5 of 9

Hi! You can try this videohttp://download.lenovo.com/lts/RCNW1130/FOF/RCNW1130-Yoga3Pro_REM_FRU_19_VideoCable.mp4. The parts are almost the same. You might be needing a tweezer or a prying tool with this. Hope that helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

TheOldDozer
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 6 of 9

Yeah, that side was pretty simple. I've got that wire routed and it fits fine. It's the other side, with two wires. I'm using a tool to try and press the wires down into the grooves but thus far, it hasn't helped. Thank you for your help, though! 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 123
Message 7 of 9

Unfortunately, there is no video for it. Check the manual: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_yoga_3_14_hmm_201502.pdf. This might help. John_Lenovo

TheOldDozer
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 8 of 9

Yeah, as I mentioned in the first post, I've got the manual. The images therein are black and white line drawings. And they don't give any detail as to how it should look. At this point, I don't even really need a video... If I had a picture of one that was upclose, I think that would be a tremendous help. What makes matters worse in this case is that I typically document my teardowns for just this reason but, for whatever reason, I didn't think I'd need to with this one. Hindsight is 20/20, I guess. Thanks again for your help. 

TheOldDozer
Paper Tape
Views: 92
Message 9 of 9

Hmm... I tried to contact the nearest Lenovo repair depot and they flatout said they couldn't help me even if I brought it in... I'm a little put off by the lack of documentation on this. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate those of you who've made recommendations and who've tried to help. This is just so very frustrating.

I'm going to give the web another go. Hell, I may just see if I can find an old one somewhere that I can take apart and take pics of for future reference...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors