02-13-2016 11:58 AM
Hello, I recently bought the Yoga 3 14. last month. Inmediatelly after i bought it the windows automatically changed to windows 10. First 2 week worked fine.. after that it started to give me problems with the touchpad, then what i did was with problem solution i clicked on hardware and the procedure worked, for a couple of times... Then Every day I had to do this.. then the touchpad worked. After a week the touchpad did not worked and The procedure that I did was not helping as well. I read that we should install the newer driver, so I uninstalled the previous driver and downloaded and installed the newer version of synaptics Synaptics_v126.96.36.199. then I have an error warning. Synaptics device is not found...
02-13-2016 05:53 PM - edited 02-13-2016 05:56 PM
So you're sure you need the Synaptics version, not the Elan one ?
If so, try to update it manually:
- run the driver installation file 4oy802af.exe from https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/4oy802af.exe
- stop the installation when it says: "Install Touchpad Driver (Elan, Synaptics) now". Uncheck the tick box, and click Finish.
- open the Device Manager, go to "Mice and other pointing devices", open it, double-click on the Synaptics device
- on the Driver tab, choose "Update driver"
- click "Browse my computer for driver software"
- click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- click "Have disk", and go to "c:\drivers\Touchpad Driver (Elan, Synaptics)\Synaptics_v188.8.131.52"
- install the found driver.
02-14-2016 02:42 AM
Hello Blero, I do not have Elan installed in my notebook, only synaptics. your proposal did not work, but I thank you for the help. afterwards What I did was to restore the computer to a previous working point. but the touchpad for a couple of hours, sometimes minutesn (yes I have done it a few times now), it works.. then it crashes again.
02-14-2016 08:50 AM
Begin with the BIOS (run the .exe and follow the instructions):
Then update all the drivers for Windows 10 64-bits from here:
02-14-2016 09:23 AM
Wow!! seems that I have a lot of work!!!
The installation of ALL the drivers is just an assurance that everything will work fine? Updating the BIOS alone will not solve my touchpad problem?
02-14-2016 10:04 AM
Maybe it will, maybe not... Install the BIOS and at least the chipset driver, it could be important too.
Updating all the drivers is a way to avoid present or future problems.