Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smoothoperator2
Paper Tape
Views: 197
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga 3 14 wont power up or charge

My Lenovo Yoga 3 14 is completly dead, will not power up at all, no led lights at all

Plugged into mains..no lights to say charging or mains present, battery no signs of charging

Tried the usual "clear the caps" method..disconnect the battery/mains hold power button 30sec/60secs, this did not work for me

Tested SSD and Ram on another machine..working fine and OS present

Tested mains adaptor and cable on another machine..working fine

When the mains is plugged in there is a build up of heat in the bottom right hand side of the laptop

Any ideas peoples

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 162
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 14 wont power up or charge

Hi smoothoperator2! 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forum! 

Based on what you explained, this is clear hardware malfunction with the laptop. It would be best to get in touch with the Lenovo UK Support at 0333-777-3991 Mon-Fri 09:00-18:00 and inquire about the repair service. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
drebollarr
Paper Tape
Views: 155
Message 3 of 8

Hi there, have you had any luck with this?  I have this same system, well I gave it to my son which is away in college and he's having the same problem.  I already had to replace the A/C adapter once about two months ago so I don't think that's the issue but I'm not there to test it my self.  Any ideas? He has tried different outlets and nothing turns on, not even charging LEDs.  He's not savvy enough to open and unplug battery, so I'm stuck helping from far away.....   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

smoothoperator2
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 4 of 8

Ok many thanks Chris

Would you say this fault sounds like mosfet caps?

The warranty ran out last year so I guess it now comes down to repair cost

If it wasnt an intel I7 I proberly would just chuck it on ebay for spares and repairs

smoothoperator2
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 5 of 8

I'll keep the post updated to what lenovo repair centre say when they get back to me

Taking the back cover off, locating the battery to motherboard cable is quite easy even for a novice

Once you remove the screws use a plastic wedge the prize open the bottom case

smoothoperator2
Paper Tape
Views: 63
Message 6 of 8

Reply from Lenovo/Medion repair centre today

We are contacting you today in regards to your Lenovo / Medion device currently in repair.

After assessing your device, the repair centre has deemed that a repair cannot be completed under the manufacturer’s warranty due to the casing showing signs of inappropriate treatment such as cracks, chips and dents in this. The repair centre has deemed that a repair cannot be completed under the manufacturer’s warranty due to this showing as being outside of the warranty period we offer.

Please find attached the cost estimate of £381.79 for your repair

smoothoperator2
Paper Tape
Views: 62
Message 7 of 8

This is a break down on the costslenovo costs 01.jpg

smoothoperator2
Paper Tape
Views: 60
Message 8 of 8