Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 1 (91 Views)

Lenovo Yoga 3 1470 Touch Screen Stopped Responding

[ Edited ]

Hi there! Need help. Obviously. Hope people still look at this fourm...

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 1470 Laptop. Its...a few years old AND it is out of warrenty (so please no recommendations for sending it into Lenovo Repair Service). It is running the Windows 10 update, though it initally came with Windows 8.1

A few days ago I factory reset the computer to wipe it of all files and such. When the reset was finished it updated and reloaded itself with Windows 10. Everything seemed fine at first...

HOWEVER, the touch screen is not responding to anything. I can fold the laptop into tablet mode, the physical keyboard will shut off but it will not respond to touches by any means. The Pen & Touch information in windows settings says that Pen & Touch are not available for this device. I have checked the drivers and the HID-Compliant Driver is NOT THERE (it was at first but it was greyed out and gave me a code 45). 

Tent mode also doesn't work. I can flip the computer over, and Auto -Rotate will appear on the screen but the screen never flips.

I have searched high and low on Google and Lenovo but perhaps I am missing something, a driver update or ...anything. Help would be great great greatly appreciated.

Just to recap:

-Lenovo Yoga 3 1470

-Fresh Factory Reset

-Windows 10 64-bit

-Touch Screen Not responding

-Tent Mode Screen Not Rotating

-HID Touch Screen Driver Missing

*EDIT: Just realized I made a similar post like 2 months ago...wow. I dont have any other driver BESIDES the Lenovo Pointing Device under "Mice and other pointing devices". I have unchecked power management boxes under some of the USB Driver Properties. I have installed most of the current drivers and updates provided on the lenovo website. still no solution.

Top kudoed Authors