Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egregious
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 3-1470 will not power on from shut down or sleep mode

I bought my laptop in 2015 and unwarranted, I'd like some help to get full functionality back into my laptop. While the subject states my problem, I do have some ways of getting use out of the computer:

• It can turn on if the battery is fully drained and after the computer is plugged in; it takes 8 days to drain. [Pressing and holding the power button only results in the PC flashing its backlit keyboard.] The battery can recharge and the PC can run on battery just as long the PC does not shut down, go to sleep, or the lid closes.
  • Battery removal with the PC plugged in: the PC can always turn on, but when closing the lid or shutting it off, the power cord has to be unplugged and plugged back in.

Additional computer information:

-Windows 8.1 with updates

-Installed BIOS update and Windows hotfix update from Lenovo.com

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 108
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3-1470 will not power on from shut down or sleep mode

Hi egregious, 

From your description of the issue, it seems that the battery is causing some kind of short. This may have damaged the motherboard also. Have you tried using an different battery? For additional information about the parts of the system please download the Hardware Maintenance Manual of the system from support.lenovo.com, it will be under Documentation. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Top Kudoed Authors