Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uk_expat
Paper Tape
Views: 281
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 3 Intel Graphics 5500 GPU 100%

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 unit that has an Intel Graphics 5500 card onboard which constantly runs the GPU at around 100%, this causes major lag on the machine with even the most basic tasks. In a bid to resolve this I have completed a fresh install of Win10 but unfortunately the issue remains. Shutting down all apps will reduce the load but any app can trigger the increase, be it Browser, Outlook, Netflix etc. I have increased the dedicated Video Memory to 512Mb, tweaked the power/3D settings in the Intel control panel, updated grpaphics drivers and BIOS none of which has made any major difference. Any assistance/advice would be much appreciated (outputs attached).

uk_expat
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Intel Graphics 5500 GPU 100%

For the benefit of others who may have the same issue, I now have a workaround for this problem (thanks to Stefan on the Intel forum!):

Download the 4474 beta driver from here - Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 5500

To bypass message "best driver is already installed", "customized computer manufacturer driver" or "computer is not validated" install driver via have disk method as described at:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface (ignore prolog about MS surface).

The utilisation dropped like a stone once this driver was installed.

uk_expat
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Intel Graphics 5500 GPU 100%

Looks like I jumped the gun here. The fresh driver install does drop the utilisation for a random period but it will then shoot back up again and ride around 100%, I can't however see any process chewing up the resources... I'm starting to think that the Lenovo Yoga 3 (1470) does not have working drivers for Win10?

The machine shipped with 8.1 and the problem was not apparent until post upgrade.  

If anyone has any suggestions they would be most welcomed at this point.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors