Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navarro_jl
Paper Tape
Views: 719
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 3 PRO - Battery issues

Last September 2016 I bought a new Lenovo Yoga 3 PRO, I was quite happy with the battery life and the overall quality of the product.

Now, 6~7 months later I still quite happy with screen, audio, materials... but not with my battery life. I give this computer use as home main driver for coding and web browsing, with some photo editing with Adobe Lightroom from time to time, nothing intensive that might heat up the computer on excess.

I also try to give the computer "healthy" battery cicles, not leaving 0% battery for long periods neither leaving 100% battery plugged all the time.

However, when today my battery seemed not to charge and have been experience shorter and shorter battery life over the last months, I was shocked when I saw on HWMonitor that my total battery capacity droped from 44.000 mWh to 14350 mWh. I could not believe it. Check here:

Captura.PNG

That is too much battery loss for such a short period using my computer!

Any idea of what I can do to fix this? I have just been unlucky and got a lemon with this computer? Should I send it back to seller?

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 674
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 PRO - Battery issues

Hi navarro_jl,

From the info that you provided it seems like its a bad battery and its needs to be replaced. Please get in touch with Lenovo Warranty Support in your region for the repair. Lenovo Settings is a great way of automatically taking care of your battery, just enable Conservation Mode.

Contact Link  : https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
navarro_jl
Paper Tape
Views: 656
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 PRO - Battery issues

First of all, thanks for the reply. I will contact them.

Second, I have completed two battery cycles and now the maximum battery capacity has increased, although this doesn't seem to be consistent and still a quite crazy high battery wear for such a short life of this computer.

You can see it here:

wearing_2.PNG

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors