05-08-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 Blinking Keyboard and Power Light

2020-05-08, 3:22 AM
Hello! I got this used because it would not turn on. I ordered a replacement motherboard to get it back up and running. After putting everything back together for the first time, it turned on to the splash screen. For a few seconds it was loading then artifacts showed up on the entire screen. I understood probably that I hadn’t plugged in the screen properly into the motherboard. The power button did nothing after pressing it, then holding it after so I unplugged the battery (which I honestly think is what caused this issue im having now aka shorted the board again). I took it all apart and put it back together again. This time, the computer wont turn on. I re did everything 2-4 times more just to make sure, but nothing. I saw on another forum that the “MB ribbon” may be improperly plugged so I fixed everything perfectly. Now when I plug it in (with and without the battery attached), it turns on for a second with the amber charging light blinking (if battery attached and no light if no battery is attached). The power status light blinks once every few seconds for a second or two. The keyboard lights up and the CPU fan turns on then promptly turns off again afterwards completely dead until it’s next power cycle in a few seconds. Ive read somewhere else that the charging brick may be faulty and I should find a new one. Ive tried power cycling, reconnecting components, plugging in battery and turning on/plugging out battery with charger connected and turning on. I’m completely lost and im super frustrated at this point after coming so close to fixing the issue. I can upload a video if that helps at all. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Options

33 Posts

02-10-2017

US

86 Signins

746 Page Views

• Views: 746
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 Blinking Keyboard and Power Light

2020-06-08, 16:33 PM

How did this turn out for you?

I ask because my Yoga 2 Pro has a solid power light with a blinking keyboard. No BIOS screen. Troubleshooting, I removed the battery and pressed (and held) the power button (without and with AC power applied). After turning it off (holding the power button), then I reconnected the battery and turned it on. It started the boot, but blue-screened. I'm now letting the power drain as it flashes the keyboard.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete