Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hspeci
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,647
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 - Driver Issue

I am using a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 running Windows 10. The touchscreen never fails to work but the touchpad however causes a lot of problems. It will randomly stop working when I am using it, often when opening my laptop or when right clicking, but often without any apparent cause as well. One temporary method I have found that somtimes fixes the issue is to go into the HIDs in Device Manager and disable/re-enable the 9CE1 I2C HID Device. Sometimes this option will have a yellow triangle indicating that the device will not start and display this message in the driver properties:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the HID descriptor failed.

Other times however there is no acknowledgement of driver issues and attempting to enable the devie will cause the device manager to not respond, restarting my PC in recovery mode after a "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" message and wiping my recent files. I have tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, updating the BIOS and disabling the driver to boot in safe mode. When updating the driver software through the device manager, it says the latest version is installed: The driver version is 10.0.10586.0, it says it is from 2006-06-21.

Has anyone else had this issue before with their Yoga? Anyone know a solution?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Ming007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,511
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 - Driver Issue

My yoga 3 pro has the same problem as yours.
If you solved this problem in future, please post the solution here. So would I. Thanks. Smiley Happy
fredorama
Paper Tape
Views: 2,178
Message 3 of 4

I had the same issue. Started at about the 6 month pointand could be resolved (short term) by disabling/reenabling the touchpad/mouse in device manager, sometimes uninstall the driver and reboot. I tried new drivers, old ones no differerent. Upgraded to Win 10 , did a clean Win 10 install and so many reboots it's not fair. The issue always returned. I finally took the thing apart cleaned it, though spotless inside, snugged all the screws internally if they needed it and then reseated the ribbon connecting the motherboard and the touchpad. Issue resolved or so I thought, it worked fine for 6 months and then the issue slowly returned. I have not reseated the ribbon again as taking it apart is a bit of a pain, I have had to do all the same steps with device manager and the driver which resolves the issue itermittently. I got frustrated the other day turned it off, closed the lid, slammed my fist down on it in anger and restarted and this most annoying laptop has been working fine ever since. Bottom line?? It must be something connection related with the motherboard, ribbon connector between it and the touch pad or some unknown points internally that need to be touching.

It is NOT a driver or system issue!!

Mya_1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,613
Message 4 of 4

Can you please guide me about it more? If this is not a software issue then why does the problem resolves after the windows are reset. Although the problem comes back after a while but it does resolve for some time whenever i install a fresh copy of windows. 

My laptop is still in warranty but it's a long procedure to give it back to the vendor and i might have to wait for a couple of months unless i get a reply from tech-support since there is no customer care center nearby. The vendor will have to send to the customer care himself. I really want to avoid this situation

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors