cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raoulh79
Paper Tape
Views: 1,605
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - 1370 Intel WIDI support???

Dear All,

I have Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - 1370 (windows 10 updated) , i am trying to install Intel WIDI in order to share my laptops screen in my LG smart TV screen, but when i run the setup i get the following result:

The platform is not compatible with Intel WiDi. You wireless card is not compatible with Intel WiDi. Your wireless driver cannot find or load necessary components for Intel WiDi. Your graphics driver cannot find or load necessary components for Intel WiDi.

The problem is when i run the CompatibilityChecker.exe :
System check complete:
Hardware : Your processor, graphics and wieless card are capable of running Intel WiDi technology.

Drivers: You have the latest graphics and wireless drivers.

Any help is really appreciated.

thanks in advance

RH

Tilator
Punch Card
Views: 1,545
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - 1370 Intel WIDI support???

It has Broadcom wireless card. Should have Intel.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,542
Message 3 of 9

FWIW, some Broadcom cards are supported:

http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/#portal/1026/ar...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Tilator
Punch Card
Views: 1,531
Message 4 of 9

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,526
Message 5 of 9

Your link is for Pro widi.  My link is for both Pro and standard  (or whatever they call it).

@Raoulh79  which version are you downloading?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Raoulh79
Paper Tape
Views: 1,490
Message 6 of 9

Dear @zoltanthegypsy,

What ever version you download it does not function.
The Yoga pro 3 has the Broadcom 802.11ac adapter.

I am stuck, I am really frustrated that having bought 2 quite expensive devices (Yoga Pro 3 and LG smart TV) and you are not able to do your job. And in the bottom line I am don't think that I am asking something insane, just to broadcast (mirror) my laptop screen with my LG Smart TV.

Guys any idea is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
RH
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,480
Message 7 of 9

My job?  Like all the mods and gurus here I'm just another user who volunteers time and tries to help where possible.

What led you to belive that the Y3P was widi-compatible in the first place?  Is there a spec somewhere?  That might lead us to a solution - or at least an explanation.

Z.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,471
Message 8 of 9

OK, trying to do my job...

I've run through the Intel widi software installation on my Y3P.  It has W10Home clean installed.  I see what you mean: the Intel checker says the system is compatible with widi, offers to install it, and at the end of the install says it is not compatible.

I'm not sure why you think that's a Lenovo issue - since the two conflicting software tools are both provided by Intel.  Have you tried Intel support?

Taking anothter tack - have you tried the wifi support that's already baked into Windows 10.  I plugged in an old Netgear widi receiver into a Samsung TV.  Went to W10 settings, devices, connected devices, add a device, and it finds my widi receiver.  The TV offers a PIN to enter and it connects.

Or tries to.   There's something buggy with my receiver that I need to chase down.

The wifi tools seem to be present in W10 already.  Perhaps that's why it gets reported as incompatible at the end of the install.  The existing install masks the hardware in some way.

Give this a try:  http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/mirror-screen-windows-10

Z.

Raoulh79
Paper Tape
Views: 1,445
Message 9 of 9

Dear @

I didnt mean that it is your fault, i am really thankfull that you are trying to give some help.

I was trying to say that anyone by saying you...

I didnt said that it writes in specs about the widi support, but because of the high cost of the product i was saying that lenovo should have been used wifi adapter compatible for new technologies.

I will give a try your last link and give you feedback about the result.

Thanks in advance.

RH 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors