Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 3 (942 Views)

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 Touchscreen Not Working

Recently the touchscreen on my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro stopped working. It is running Windows 10 and the most recent update it received was KB890830. I am getting an error code 10 for the I2C HID device ("A request for the HID descriptor failed"), but when I try to update it, I get a message saying it is already up to date. Disabling and re-enabling hasn't worked and I cannot find the driver on the lenovo website to do a fresh install. Any suggestions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Message 2 of 3 (896 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 Touchscreen Not Working

Hi smalley3,

Nice to have you back. 

I would recommend that you re-install the chipset drivers. You can also try un-install the HID device in question then restart the system, windows will automatically install the correct driver for it. If these steps does not resolve the issue, please get in touch Lenovo Warranty Support, if the system is still under warranty. You can do so by, clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page under Support. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 3 (824 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 Touchscreen Not Working

I tried re-installing the chipset drivers with no luck. I called Microsoft and they said something about Lenovo not updating the drivers for the 4th version of Windows 10. Microsoft said I needed to contact Lenovo and make sure my computer was compatible with Windows 10 before they would help. Of course, Lenovo won't help me because they said my computer is out of warranty (by a whopping 6 months). They also won't give me an option to extend the warranty.

I tried using my computer for this first time in a couple weeks and used the device manager to disable then re-enable the I2C HID device. Magically, the touchscreen worked for the rest of the session. Once I restarted the computer and installed updates, the touchscreen stopped working again and the disable/re-enable trick didn't fix the issue this time around.

Top kudoed Authors