Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiggz
Paper Tape
Views: 37,545
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - Pressure Sensitivity - Stylus

Hey guys,

I'm having some issues with pressure sensitivity.

Does the Lenovo yoga 3 support pressure sensitivity? (I thought it would, being a touchscreen laptop)

I am using Adobe Illustrator CC with a stylus - the Adonit Jot Pro.

I can't seem to use the pressure sensitivity functions on illustrator. I tried downloading a few Wacom drivers, however they did not make any difference.

If the Yoga 3 Pro does actually have pressure sensitivity functions, how do I enable them or which drivers do I download.. basically, how do i fix this??

Thanks!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 37,566
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - Pressure Sensitivity - Stylus

Good day and welcome to the community.

The Yoga 3 Pro has a multipoint capacitive touch screen (vs an active digitizer).

If you need Wacom-style functionality (pressure levels, fine-point control, etc) you'll need a suitably equipped machine, such as a number of ThinkPad Yoga models, the ThinkPad Helix, or the ThinkPad Tablet 10.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Shiggz
Paper Tape
Views: 37,515
Message 3 of 10

Hi,

So does that mean it's impossible to get pressure sensitivity on the yoga 3? Is there any way to make it work or is it just not possible with this machine?
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 37,510
Message 4 of 10

To my knowledge, no, it's not possible on any capacitive touch screen.

Sorry.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

spidersid
What's DOS?
Views: 36,416
Message 5 of 10

hi

are you usign any other Adobe products like Photoshop on the yoga pro 3 and how have you found the experiance. is it powerful enough? 

thanks 

Shiggz
Paper Tape
Views: 36,386
Message 6 of 10

Hey

I have used illustrator a little bit. The laptop seems to be pretty good with such adobe products - the touch screen is good however there is no pressure sensitivity which sucks. Also, since the resolution of this laptop is so high, lots of programs such as photoshop and 3D modelling programs have really small icons. I use this laptop with solidworks - a 3D modelling software, and it slightly struggles when you do complex things. 

So overall, the laptop is a bit underpowered... I wish it wasnt - thats probably one of the biggest drawbacks. The touch screen also isn't pressure sensitive. Hopefully a new windows update will fix the icon resolution issues in some programs, but who knows. Though it is a really cool laptop to use in different situations because of the hinge and adaptability. I would recommend it as a daily portable laptop, but it isn't the best when it comes to using high end programs which use a lot of CPU/memory  

britpen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 35,597
Message 7 of 10

Man, I really wish I had known about this before buying... I also assumed that it being a touch screen, it would obviously be good for drawing on. Big mistake there. Who knew about capacitative vs. active digitizer? That's really frustrating...

Anyone happen to find a decent stylus to use for the Yoga 3? Since it's only capable of handling cheapo stylus pens, anyone find something that does the best job it can?

I noticed that Adonit has a decent looking stylus: http://www.adonit.net/jot/pro/

Anyone have experience with it or another like it?

I am an artist looking to use my tablet to draw.

Shiggz
Paper Tape
Views: 35,531
Message 8 of 10

I know right!! Yeah it sucks heaps, even I was hell frustrated ^^ haha

Yeah I actually use the Adonit Jot Pro. Its not too badly priced, and it seems like one of the better stylus's out there. I don't use it extensively, but it seems to work pretty well for me. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Maybe one issue I have with it, is the clear plastic bit at the tip. It does come off, but you cant use it as a stylus without the plastic. It's not a big issue, I just dont really like it because it sorta decreases accuracy since it's harder to see the tip. More of a personal opinion though. But yeah its a pretty good stylus overall, I dont really see much wrong with it, although I don't use it for major drawings or projects. Hope that may have helped

gregmay82
Paper Tape
Views: 17,452
Message 9 of 10

I agree this is very frustrating, especially since this is apparently a change from earlier Yoga models, which DID have active digitizers. You'd think this change would be featured prominently in the advertising/specs/packaging.

MEG88
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,425
Message 10 of 10

Dear all,
I have  a Lenovo Yoga 3 pro.

I would like to buy a digital pen to writing texts and formulas on my pc. I want to know if lenovo active pen 2 for Yoga is compatible with my pc and with Windows 10. What else are the other pens suitable for my PC? Thanks a lot

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors